IMG 0343

Views: 477
Posted by: Red
in: Red
CT6

Views: 295
Posted by: Vrom
in: Vrom

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Who's happy with their standard screen?  (Read 5753 times)

Offline GS TRV

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Belfast
Who's happy with their standard screen?
« on: September 23, 2012, 01:05:33 AM »
The more miles I do the more content I am with the std screen. I really dont like the looks of some of the aftermarket ones either and if i really wanted to sit behind a screen all day i would have bought an RT  :008:

Anyone else happy with the std offering?

Trev

Offline revenue

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XCE,
  • City / Town: Mukdahan/ UK
Re: Who's happy with their standard screen?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 01:36:40 AM »
For me its totally  :173: CRAP :173: the wind seems to be directed straight into my helmet on both settings
If you where a short arse i suppose it would not be a problem!!
Still waiting for my MRA to arrive here :024: Fk knows where it is, lost somewhere between here and the UK
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 03:56:35 AM by revenue »

Offline droid

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: crosstourer
  • City / Town: Eagle Point, VIC
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 03:26:32 AM »
wasn't the young fella bringing it over? he's lost too?  :430:  :002:

I just got a new Nolan 104 lid and I am using the honda touring screen (i'm 6') and the screen on it highest setting it still catches the top 1/3rd of my helmet. Would be interesting to try the std screen with the new lid as I only had an enduro lid before

its actually not bad with it off altogether and it looks like you can remove the mounting brackets for a clean look - worth trying everything with whats kicking around in the shed first

if no good It'll have to be an MRA screen next, the smoke with the attachable lip thingy looks ok in my eyes
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 03:31:31 AM by droid »
jon

Offline revenue

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XCE,
  • City / Town: Mukdahan/ UK
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 04:00:20 AM »
*Originally Posted by droid [+]
wasn't the young fella bringing it over? he's lost too?  :430:  :002:

No he is not here until November! then i feel we will both go missing for a week or so  :164:  :164:

Its the UK postal service who pass to the Thai Post, sometimes 5 days other times 14 days !!  :110:

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Glasgow
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 10:36:34 AM »
The only thing that is bothering me about it just now is having to clean flies off my visor again! Having said that I haven't been out in the pissing rain with it yet so I might change my mind.

Just about to try and get a quick 150 miles on the bike just now and have moved the screen in to the high position just to see what difference that makes but at the moment on the low setting I am not getting any turbulence around my helmet so not complaining too much.

Offline grahew

• Crosstourer Pro
  • White very fast CT
  • Bike: Honda CT
  • City / Town: Evesham
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 11:27:25 AM »
*Originally Posted by Mika [+]
The only thing that is bothering me about it just now is having to clean flies off my visor again! Having said that I haven't been out in the pissing rain with it yet so I might change my mind.

Just about to try and get a quick 150 miles on the bike just now and have moved the screen in to the high position just to see what difference that makes but at the moment on the low setting I am not getting any turbulence around my helmet so not complaining too much.

Been there done that complete waste of time buy a MRA X-screen  only real solution,check prevoius replies save yourself a load of time and money :028:
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 12:25:09 PM by grahew »

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Glasgow
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 02:11:30 PM »
150 miles later and the high setting makes little difference, if anything I prefer the lower.

Will more than likely go the MRA route before doing any big mileage. Hoping to get to Spain about this time next year and the journey down to Plymouth is a real grind on the motorway.

Thanks for the recommendation grahew :031:
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 05:20:04 PM by Mika »

Offline IanM

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • City / Town: Derby
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 02:44:39 PM »
My issue with the standard screen is simply the noise.  I was planning on getting a Givi Airflow, having been very happy with the one I had on my GS.  However, I am getting fed up with waiting for Italy to get back of its holidays and start making stuff, so the MRA looks tempting.
IanM

arab-exile