SW Motech Bash Plate

Views: 272
Posted by: jacob
in: Jacob
IMGP3522

Views: 303
Posted by: jacob
in: Jacob

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: DCT review by Visordown  (Read 3344 times)

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • CRF1000l Africa Twin + VFR1200X DCT
  • Bike: CRF1000+VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire

Offline GS TRV

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Belfast
Re: DCT review by Visordown
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 11:25:12 PM »
You couldn't get more positive than that!

My dealer here in Belfast told me that he's sold MORE dcts than manuals . They have a demo of type so that's probably why.

I'd be interested to hear from other people's dealers?

Trev

Offline revenue

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XCE,
  • City / Town: Mukdahan/ UK
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 05:13:25 AM »
Does the DCT still have the backlash banging/ clunking noise in the first two gears like the Manual version?? I see he mentions about the final drive noise/ backlash.
Some gear changes on my manual CT, no noise but other times its as though the drive has not been disengaged! 
Trying to ride in town in traffic it leaves one feeling embarrassed with the constant clunking and banging from the gear box and final drive.
Cant wait for my Leo Vince to arrive to take my mind off the drive noise!
But once on the open road she is a absolute dream to ride, i just love the torque of the CT

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Glasgow
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 08:44:52 AM »
My dealer only had a DCT, they said Honda are pushing it. I did go to another dealer to try a manual and the DCT does give a fair clunk when you put it into gear just like the manual. Once on the move I would say they are both about the same but the DCT is unbelievably smooth.

If I had the extra money I would probably have given it a shot but the extra £800 will buy all the accessories I intend putting on at the moment

Maybe next time..

Offline revenue

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XCE,
  • City / Town: Mukdahan/ UK
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 09:39:15 AM »
I would agree 800 is a lot of shiny things for the bike!   :007: :007:
Will be nice to see in 12 months time what the comparison is between the two, in second hand prices   :084:
For me i was so happy with the 10k price  :152: for the manual SE with 400 miles.
The luggage i feel would not survive a big crash, seems the most expensive plastic out there if you have a look them closely but do look the part. :062:

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 10:18:55 AM »
Bachlash and final drive crashing is indeed hard to live with in town, its impossible to ride it slowly in 2nd gear, always necessary to go back to 1st (which is still too high) although the clunking between the gears is improving with mileage so hoping it improves more as time goes on.
The plastic luggage IS the most expensive out there and hope Honda takes note of how many on this forum opted for the Givi brand
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline Red

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Blankenberge
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2012, 04:47:53 PM »
 :084: I was wondering how the dct version does off-road, did anyone had a go of some off-road on a dct????   

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • CRF1000l Africa Twin + VFR1200X DCT
  • Bike: CRF1000+VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2012, 05:32:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by Red [+]
:084: I was wondering how the dct version does off-road, did anyone had a go of some off-road on a dct????

I didn't buy the CT for doing off road stuff but i did go with a mate with a GSAdv up a stoney trail recently, he hasn't any off road experience so i nipped past to lead the way and kept having to wait for him to catch up again. I kept the gearbox in MANUAL mode so i could pick the gears myself and left the TC turned ON as it wasn't slippy at all.

9 minutes of trail    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qCIhtgTckc

an edit of our days ride

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum/35-videos/166144-a-trip-round-the-peak-district.html
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 07:46:51 PM by scotsy »