20150908 182002

Views: 306
Posted by: Farway
in: Farway
Full loaded ;-)

Views: 379
Posted by: luckyluke
in: Luckyluke

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Suspension Lowering Kit  (Read 8131 times)

Offline grahew

• Crosstourer Pro
  • White very fast CT
  • Bike: Honda CT
  • City / Town: Evesham
Suspension Lowering Kit
« on: September 18, 2012, 06:52:29 PM »
Just spotted on Ebay Suspension Lowering Kit £60 P&P..............intresting for short arses!!! :745:

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • CRF1000l Africa Twin + VFR1200X DCT
  • Bike: CRF1000+VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Re: Suspension Lowering Kit
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 07:09:09 PM »
I'm a short arse so I've ordered them (seem a bit pricey but german quality approved so not all bad) i don't think i want to have the seat lowered by removing padding as it will alter the ergo's of my sitting position (relationship of legs, arms and backside, especially my 58 years old hips :008:)

I'll report back when fitted at weekend :028:

ian

Offline grahew

• Crosstourer Pro
  • White very fast CT
  • Bike: Honda CT
  • City / Town: Evesham
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 08:36:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by scotsy [+]
I'm a short arse so I've ordered them (seem a bit pricey but german quality approved so not all bad) i don't think i want to have the seat lowered by removing padding as it will alter the ergo's of my sitting position (relationship of legs, arms and backside, especially my 58 years old hips :008:)

ian

us old buggers need are comforts!...............young in mind the rest is knackered :012:

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 09:14:44 PM »

Well guys I've been to whitby for fish and chips today (310 miles round trip) and i can report that the lowering plates are not without issues :084:

I had been in touch with a manufacturer about making some for other members (the short arsed ones) at a much more reasonable price than the £59.95 i paid (probably £30) but production is on hold until a ground clearance issue is resolved. I have bought dogbones for my TRX from this firm for under £30 that give 4 ride height options so i know the engineering is spot on and they are very well respected people on the www.trx850.com forum.

They are going to produce some with a 15 or 20mm lowering for me to test ride before production and i will report back in due course

Because i dropped the rear by 30mm i let the forks up through the triples by 25mm as well to balance both ends up and i think the combined amounts have proved just too much for such a big and heavy bike with a centre stand fitted (came with the SE package) so my first job is to remove the centre stand and test ride to find the new limits of lean

Wish me luck

Ian

here are some pics (sorry, i posted them upside down :156:)

« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 09:17:56 PM by scotsy »

Offline Allroadtoad

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 10:23:48 PM »
Suspension lowering kit? The Xtourer has already insufficient ground clearance as it is  :087:
`12 VFR1200X Silver
`98 DR650SE

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 09:15:35 AM »
*Originally Posted by Allroadtoad [+]
Suspension lowering kit? The Xtourer has already insufficient ground clearance as it is  :087:

I assume you mean for off-road riding?

If you are talking about riding on tarmac roads you must be very brave as i can only get to the edges of the tyres without anything scraping  :305:

Ian

Offline revenue

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XCE,
  • City / Town: Mukdahan/ UK
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 10:41:24 AM »
Would not the best idea be alter the seat by 30mm!!
Sold my Versys here to a short Arsed Swiss Guy, so we ordered a 50mm lower lowering link, made the bike feel very strange and dangerous when cornering, so we replaced the standard link and had the seat re-sculptured for 500 Baht and hes a happy chapppie now.
Are you not worried about the sump or exhaust catching???
You only have 185mm of ground clearance less your 30mm link this leaves 155mm, just measured the front fork travel after a hard ride on dirt roads here and it shows approx 145mm of travel and the rear has more travel  :005: :005: :110:

Offline Allroadtoad

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 09:24:18 PM »
I assume you mean for off-road riding?

If you are talking about riding on tarmac roads you must be very brave as i can only get to the edges of the tyres without anything scraping  :305:

Ian

Pictures say more than words...

`12 VFR1200X Silver
`98 DR650SE

arab-exile