IMG 1017

Views: 165
Posted by: andyrob
in: andyrob
IMG 1052

Views: 135
Posted by: andyrob
in: andyrob

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Lets talk Heated Grips!  (Read 4366 times)

Offline grahew

• Crosstourer Pro
  • White very fast CT
  • Bike: Honda CT
  • City / Town: Evesham
Lets talk Heated Grips!
« on: September 08, 2012, 04:52:53 PM »
Well the weather is on the change and I've no Heated Grips on my CT :005:  I have read that the Honda Heated Grips are suffering from water ingress does any body know has this been sorted or have they just been replaced so they will leak again at some point..... :187:

Any suggestion re other brands etc :159:

Offline IanM

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • City / Town: Derby
Re: Lets talk Heated Grips!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 09:05:55 PM »
You're right, there hav ebeen afew reports of water leaks and as I said, mine went wrong last week when I tried to turn the heated grips on.  Nothing, no red light, no reassuring flash to tell me what level of heat I had selected, no visual indication at all.  The grips, however, are working fine; any of the 3 heat levels is available on demand, it's just that the wee red light which tells me what is happening is not working.  I've not had an opportunity to go and see the dealer yet though.

IanM

Offline grahew

• Crosstourer Pro
  • White very fast CT
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 04:20:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by IanM [+]
You're right, there hav ebeen afew reports of water leaks and as I said, mine went wrong last week when I tried to turn the heated grips on.  Nothing, no red light, no reassuring flash to tell me what level of heat I had selected, no visual indication at all.  The grips, however, are working fine; any of the 3 heat levels is available on demand, it's just that the wee red light which tells me what is happening is not working.  I've not had an opportunity to go and see the dealer yet though.

Hi Ian,

thanks for the reply do you think its worth fitting them or should i go the after market way  :084: seems a lot of money for doggy Heated Grips :012:

Offline IanM

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • City / Town: Derby
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 05:18:37 PM »
I learned long ago that heated grips are an esential in this country and have had them fitted from new by Honda in the past with no problems,  With a 3 year warranty on teh bike, if things go worng again, then at leats it won't be costing me money, but as I said, I've not been back to the dealer yte, it might be a quick and easy fix.
IanM

Offline Harry H

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 09:43:10 AM »
On my last three bikes I've used heating elements that live under the original grips. They come with a nice little rocker switch that on the CT I located in the blank next to the TC. Nice and simple and looks completely factory.

Just peal the original grips off. Wrap the thin elements around the bars/ throttle grip and then replace original grips

At £45 they're somewhat cheaper than the Honda items. They don't get quite as hot as the Honda ones but they do get hot enough. You can also buy all the parts and elements separately if something fails. Not that they ever have.

Offline grahew

• Crosstourer Pro
  • White very fast CT
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 10:16:20 AM »
*Originally Posted by Harry H [+]
On my last three bikes I've used heating elements that live under the original grips. They come with a nice little rocker switch that on the CT I located in the blank next to the TC. Nice and simple and looks completely factory.

Just peal the original grips off. Wrap the thin elements around the bars/ throttle grip and then replace original grips

At £45 they're somewhat cheaper than the Honda items. They don't get quite as hot as the Honda ones but they do get hot enough. You can also buy all the parts and elements separately if something fails. Not that they ever have.

Thanks for that Harry can you tell me the name of the company so i can look in to it   :158:

Offline Harry H

• Crosstourer Pro

Offline grahew

• Crosstourer Pro
  • White very fast CT
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 05:55:41 PM »