Ready to go 1

Views: 456
Posted by: Doc
in: Doc
DSCF5339 kopie

Views: 209
Posted by: Nickel
in: Nickel

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Abba stand anybody?  (Read 8837 times)

Offline whitegloss

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: tyne and wear
Abba stand anybody?
« on: August 25, 2012, 08:36:06 AM »
Ive decided not to buy the honda centre stand as I dont want to add any more weight and it will only be required when I need new tyres etc.

I can get an abba stand with vfr1200 fitments for about 120 uk pounds. I have sent an email to abba stand to see if the vfr1200 fitments will be compatible with the crosstourer, however Im pretty sure they will be.

Has anybody used an abba stand and if so any good?

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
Re: Abba stand anybody?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 04:43:20 PM »
Hi Whitegloss, i'm ignorant to the brand of "abba", is it like a paddock stand for the rear? and if so how does it attach to the rear swingarm, i will be needing tyres soon and am wondering how to support the bike for wheel removal, any pointers and info would be great thanks
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline whitegloss

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 06:22:06 AM »
Hi trecker

If you do a google search abba stand, you will get there web page. If you go on you tube you can see a demo of the abba stand being used.

It attaches to the chassis not the swing arm. Its a clever system and I think it will be easy to lift the crosstourer onto the stand

The beauty of this lift is that you can use it for all other bikes in the future. you only need to buy the correct adaptors which are 20 uk pounds per bike :028:

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 05:49:32 PM »
Thanks Whitegloss, looked it up and it seems to be what i want, any reply from abba about suitability for our CT's?

Offline whitegloss

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 07:24:24 PM »
No not yet, will let you know when i get a reply

Offline Harry H

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 10:40:40 AM »
I've had an Abba stand for years. Fantastic piece of kit. Loads better than a paddock stand as it unloads all the suspension as well.

Fits any bike with the right adaptors. Pop a car jack under the headers and the front wheel lifts off as well.

Personally though on the CT I think a centre stand is the way to go but on a sports bike the Abba is the perfect solution.

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 06:40:57 AM »
Hi again Whitegloss, i received a reply from Abba and they were looking for the height of the swingarm pivot from the ground of the CT to see of the stand might suit, i replied and we will wait to see their answer, will post then. cheers

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 05:32:34 PM »
Hi all, I got a reply from Abba stands today and they confirm the CT is too high to suit their standard stand, the height of the cross pin on the stand that mates with the swingarm pivot is 460mm and our CT is 445mm so when lifted and with a little suspension sag the rear wheel will not clear the ground, they suggest to use a piece of timber under the stand to help clear the ground..... will think about this one, may'be the stand could be modified but it seems expensive to buy and then alter.... Sad now as when i saw the product first is looked like the answer to workshop maintenance. :006: