IMG 1027 1 EICMA2011

Views: 182
Posted by: Giovannino
in: Giovannino
Glencoe, A82

Views: 540
Posted by: andyrob
in: andyrob

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Nickel has joined but has no CT (yet)  (Read 1989 times)

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
Re: Nickel has joined but has no CT (yet)
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 08:24:52 PM »
Hi Nickel, and welcome, i'm with Hitty on this one, definitely go the CT route, i know nobody here will tell you any different, but if you put the 2 bikes beside each other, you will begin to notice how compact and streamlined the CT is and how ungainly and unfinished the Explorer looks, they will both have much the same urge from the engine, but you are a Honda man and......
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline Hitty

• Crosstourer Member
  • Shazam!
  • Bike: Cross Tourer
  • City / Town: London
Re: Nickel has joined but has no CT (yet)
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 04:20:35 PM »
thetrecker has some good points here...I found the Explorer too top-heavy and the wide seat reduced my confidence in handling it when my feet were on the ground.  I'm 6ft 1" so reasonably tall but the CT just seemed to "fit" me better. 

It's definitely an easy bike to ride and the weight feels lower down than the Explorer; I do still like the lok of the Explorer...it's not an ugly bike by any means but the CT grown on you an just looks smart. 

I had a Multistrada last year and enjoyed my time on it but the v-twin is a tad lumpy around time at slow speeds and again I found it to be quite top-heavy (especially when I filled it up 100%).

Proof will be in spending a day riding both and then thinking it over, however, the CT appears to be selling well and I'm sure the 1,000's of new owners can't all be wrong!  Enjoy the research & test stage...I always find it a lot of fun!!

ATB,

Hitty

arab-exile