Sauerland 1

Views: 256
Posted by: Doc
in: Doc
IMGP3416

Views: 217
Posted by: jacob
in: Jacob

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Considering a Honda!  (Read 2114 times)

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Glasgow
Considering a Honda!
« on: August 24, 2012, 09:34:52 AM »
Hi folks

New member from Glasgow who has been riding BMW GS's for 11 years but ready for a change!

Last Honda I owned was a MT5 almost 30 years ago so giving away my age already. Main Japanese bike for me has been Kawasaki's, (had 5) before converting to an 1150 GS and then my current 1200GS that I have owned for 7 years.

Really enjoy this style of bike but don't go off road and up until now apart from the GS there really hasn't been any thing that I have fancied.

All changed this year with the Crosstourer and Explorer and I really like the look of both bikes but at the moment the v4 Honda is looking good but I have still to try them both.

First question is how is the headlight on the bike? I work shifts and need good lights, the GS was quickly given a set od Hella micro DE and FF50 on a light bar but I dont really want to be adding additional lights if I can help it.

Thanks for reading!

Offline Bob

• Crosstourer Member
  • Der Weg ist das Ziel!
  • Bike: CT-Black, manual
  • City / Town: Budapest
Re: Considering a Honda!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 09:38:20 AM »
 :400:  :821:

The headlight is quite good.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 09:40:40 AM by Bob »
Not always, but more and more often...

Offline Allroadtoad

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 11:16:26 AM »
Haven ridden GSses for the last decade I can say the headlight is a lot better than those I had on the beemers. I also installed additional lights on those... and welcome!
`12 VFR1200X Silver
`98 DR650SE

Offline Red

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Blankenberge
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 01:59:36 PM »
 :400: to the forum

Offline Hitty

• Crosstourer Member
  • Shazam!
  • Bike: Cross Tourer
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 06:57:25 PM »
Hi Mika,

I was in the same position as you recently but chose the CT over the Explorer (and the GS) for a whole bunch of reasons...just feel its the better bike.  I can't comment on the headlights as my demo was daytime...you may need to dig a bit in YouTube / Google search for any comments or reviews.

Let us all know how you go with your decision...we hope you'll go the CT route though!

Hitty

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 08:35:09 PM »
Hi Mika, and welcome, i have heard previously of poor headlights on GS's and i'm afraid its one of the bad points on the CT, it just has no penetration or long range, having come from a Varadero and a Aprilia Caponord which were both good ( the Aprilia was the best) its a disappointment for me, i have fitted Philips extreme bulbs on the CT which have helped. I am not a fan of extra spots as the oem lights should be adequate on there own and its too big of a load on a small battery me thinks. Hope you buy a CT all the same
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 09:18:52 AM »
Thanks for the welcome folks.

Had a good run on a Triumph yesterday and noted a few things down, went in to the local Honda dealer on the way home and have booked their CT for next Wednesday which is my next day off. Their bike is the dual clutch model so looking forward to it but as it is a new thing on a bike don't know if I would want one yet until they have proven reliable, being a Honda I know it should be but it's early days.

I will update on the main forum next week once I can compare both bikes.

Quite pleased that the Triumph dealer started at £5k for a 7 year old GS so something to work on from now.  :031:

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 02:22:24 PM »
Well the deal was done with local dealer Victor Devine in Glasgow this morning, new Crosstourer in Candy Prominence Red with heated grips.
It will arrive with them later this week and they hope to have it ready for Saturday.
Now feel like a kid waiting on Santa coming!  :001: