On Belarus border

Views: 184
Posted by: voyager888
in: voyager888
IMG 0777

Views: 76
Posted by: biker1300
in: biker1300

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Who makes the best spot light  (Read 4848 times)

Offline Paul

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Love the life you lead
Who makes the best spot light
« on: August 18, 2012, 05:28:53 PM »
Hello and thank you to everyone that welcomed me to CrossTourer Forum :028:.

Just ordered a Crosstourer with DCT gearbox, colour silver to be delivered 1st October 2012. Can't wait but now have a dilemma as to accessory's.

I have ordered the Givi luggage system, Honda accessory bar and fog lights, however, I have now seen several different engine crash bars and spot lights which would be my preferred lights.

Does anyone have experience of how good the Hepco&Becker or SW Motech spot lights are at night or are the Honda lights up to the job :261: Also does anyone know if the lights are switched to go on and off with dip and main beam :261:

Don't know if this subject has been covered before in the forum, if so please point this 'NEW-BE' to Forum in the right direction :138:

Cheers to all :821:

Happy Biking

Paul

Offline Strats

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Modbury
Who makes the best spot light
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 06:00:01 PM »
Hi Paul,
The only thing I CAN tell you is the Honda units are NOT SPOT LIGHTS.....
They are fog lights... They cast a very flat wide beam, not a long distance one. If that's what you're after, look elsewhere.

Cheers
Paul

Offline Hitty

• Crosstourer Member
  • Shazam!
  • Bike: Cross Tourer
  • City / Town: London
Re: Who makes the best spot light
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 10:14:36 PM »
Gents,

Try these guys out...

http://shop.touratech.co.uk/?___store=en_en_gb

Think this might be a useful site to check out.

Cheers,

Hitty

Offline revenue

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XCE,
  • City / Town: Mukdahan/ UK

Offline droid

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: crosstourer
  • City / Town: Eagle Point, VIC
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 09:18:19 AM »
the hepco and becker site has a pic of some nice lights on their crash bars - go to "your bike" and well, you know - choose crosstourer  :435:

going to order a hepco and becker gobi top case in silver, some rash bars and before the gp (at the island) maybe some lights

liking the hmm hmm "strap on" nature of the lights on the hepco and becker site

btw this is a http://www.motorcycleadventure.com.au/shop/index.php?route=product/category&path=101_136_923 to an oz site
jon

Offline V4roar

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 07:43:44 AM »
I recently installed a set of Piaa 530 led driving lights that I picked up on Amazon for about $200. They draw just 6 watts each, but put out very bright light and because the led bulbs shine rearward toward the multireflector, the result is a precisely aimed beam that doesn't dazzle oncoming traffic like most led lights. Also have a 2-year warranty. Very pleased with them.

http://www.piaa.com/automotive-lamps/led-530.html

« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 07:45:21 AM by V4roar »

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Glasgow
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 09:23:09 AM »
Like a lot here that came from a GS that had rubbish OE lights.  I added Hella Micro DE fog lights and Hella FF50 driving lights. The result was the best lights I have ever had on a bike.

The Micro DE were used most of the time but they are old (but well proven) technology compared to a lot of lights that are available now and also use 55w bulbs. There have been a couple of comments about the ability of the battery to cope with accessories so the LED lights might be the way to go.

I have ordered a set of Osram Nightbreaker bulbs and will try them as they are the cheapest upgrade for any light. If after that I am not happy I will probably add the Micro DE lights again, or might be tempted to try a set of LED.

Offline V4roar

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 03:32:19 PM »
Fwiw, I had a set of FF50s on my GS at one time. The Piaa 530 leds are much brighter and draw far less power.

arab-exile