Jacob and Klunk meet up

Views: 227
Posted by: jacob
in: Jacob
20140421 155713

Views: 238
Posted by: dentonlad
in: dentonlad

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tom Tom Wiring  (Read 4901 times)

Offline gazbiker

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Crosstourer 1200
  • City / Town: brackley
Tom Tom Wiring
« on: August 13, 2012, 05:11:19 PM »
Hi Guys

I have a TomTom GPS which on my old Guzzi simply plugged into the 12v socket but I cannot seee a socket on the CT so has anyone had any experience of wiring in a TomTom and if so is it easy? where is a good point to get a feed etc? I was thinking if I cock this up the bike might go up in fire! :021:

gazza :002:
Fireblade, Guzzi 1200, Ducati 888, Honda Firestorm, Honda VTR

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
Re: Tom Tom Wiring
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 06:49:56 PM »
Hi gazbiker, the CT has a jack plug mounted behind the left fairing(as you sit on the bike) and needs an expensive Honda loom and an even more expensive fag lighter socket which connects to this loom and mounts under the seat where it is totally useless for your sat nav up at the dash area.alternatively there are 3 sockets on this loom and you could use one of these to power the sat nav. some of the live feeds in the jack plug behind the fairing are perm live and some are switched through the ignition. you could test the jack plug, find the feed you want and splice in to the jack and try to mount a fag lighter socket at the dash area, which is what i am trying to do at the moment. hope this helps
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline gazbiker

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 10:13:31 PM »
 Hi trecker

Sounds like you are making progress.

I was going to pop into the Honda dealer at the weekend and see what suggestions they have but in the meantime if you find a good solution can you let me know.

cheers

gaz :001:

Offline Strider

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer DCT
  • City / Town: Bedford
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 11:58:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by thetrecker [+]
Hi gazbiker, the CT has a jack plug mounted behind the left fairing(as you sit on the bike) and needs an expensive Honda loom and an even more expensive fag lighter socket which connects to this loom and mounts under the seat where it is totally useless for your sat nav up at the dash area.alternatively there are 3 sockets on this loom and you could use one of these to power the sat nav. some of the live feeds in the jack plug behind the fairing are perm live and some are switched through the ignition. you could test the jack plug, find the feed you want and splice in to the jack and try to mount a fag lighter socket at the dash area, which is what i am trying to do at the moment. hope this helps

Hi gazbiker. The connector block you need is here in this picture. Its in deed behind the left hand side panel. I have posted on this forum somewhere on how to remove the panel. Let me know if you need an explanation on how to remove the panel. The wire you need to splice into is the switched live. Its the black wire with the yellow stripe in it. I don't have any Honda accessory's fitted on my bike so my connector plug isn't being used. The wire in the top of this connector block that you can see is my satnav wire I installed. I hope this helps you. Personally I wouldn't bother with a 12v socket fitted somewhere around you handle bars. I hard wired my satnav into the switch live. you can buy a hard wire kit from tomtom or ebay, I think it makes a much better and neater job.  Good luck buddy
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 12:13:15 AM by Strider »

Offline Strider

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer DCT
  • City / Town: Bedford
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 12:00:43 AM »
Here is another picture of the plug taken from another angle.

Offline gazbiker

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 09:59:57 PM »
cheers for the info guys, I'll have a look at the wiring at the weekend and let you know how I get on.

I'll get some pics of the bike with all the new GIVI luggage including the 52 litre top box! yes it's a biggun! Does my arse look big in this does come to mind   :192:

gaz

Offline revenue

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XCE,
  • City / Town: Mukdahan/ UK
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 07:40:15 AM »
Found this company who do the electrical connectors, the one on the CT looks like a Sumitomo MT or HM series, they provides great service just the minimum order prices.

http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Connectors/Sealed/sealed.html

Offline revenue

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XCE,
  • City / Town: Mukdahan/ UK
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 08:52:11 AM »
Sorry picture not attached before!