IMG 0775

Views: 65
Posted by: biker1300
in: biker1300
IMG 1052

Views: 129
Posted by: andyrob
in: andyrob

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: anyone come from a VFR1200 to the CT?  (Read 1513 times)

Offline gsig

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: VFR1200
  • City / Town: Tunbridge Wells
anyone come from a VFR1200 to the CT?
« on: August 12, 2012, 07:33:02 PM »
I love my VFR1200 but the larger tank, slighty larger side-cases and a more upright ridng position is tempting me. Oh...and I'm seriously thinking of going down the DCT route! Appreciate any fedback from those who've actually made the move. Thanks

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • CRF1000l Africa Twin
  • Bike: CRF1000l
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Re: anyone come from a VFR1200 to the CT?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 08:29:34 PM »
A chap called 'Southern man' came via a VRF12 to a CT, he may see this post or you could try and PM him?

Ian

ps. DCT is great !!!

Offline Southern Man

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 10:59:39 PM »
Hi, Southern Man here!

I had a VFR1200 manual version for 2 years and it is a great bike but I wanted more comfort, especially around towns etc. When you anaylise how much riding you do at lower speeds due to villages and speed limits, as I like to avoid motorways, you want to be more comfortable in these situations. I love the V4 engine so it was the natural step but I did have a test ride on an Explorer to make sure my choice was right for me.

The CT has superb low speed manners, that is, engine and handling. Its just so much easier to ride in my opinion, especially when wearing all the wet weather gear, as we have had to do alot of of late in the UK! I sort of miss my VFR1200 when coming down a slip road onto a dual carriageway, the power was awesome but having said that, the CT isn't really lacking in anyway, for me and my wife. as pillion, it just suits us better.

Hope this is of help...

Offline matchip

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Selangor
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 04:23:04 PM »
I used to be on that same boat. I made my jump when the DCT is not available here in Malaysia (yet) and I still keen to keep my VFR1200. Honestly, I found myself not missing the VFR much as the CT is truly rewarding.

If speeding is your major factor, then you'll miss the VFR, but like all said, the CT is not bad at all. I tested it could clock 230km/h on it's 4th gear and due to speed limited the remaining gears only helps lowers the rpms. On the 6th, it only register 7,500rpm. I could just imagine the piston are just smiling at this stage, it felt like seeing them like kids bathing on a tub and scrubbing each others back enjoying the moment. Sounded like a pshyco there... er.. you get the point. It's a good thing Honda limits the speed there, I don't think the tyres and design aeros agree the bike could pull off like that. And going up to that speed is effortless, just like on the VFR.

The chasis are awesome. How great you feel the fat overweight VFR corners, the CT just felt the same way, but with advantages of higher handle bar and smaller tyres, results a much faster turn and easier to handle.

I could say the CT rewards me most because it retains all the things that I love on the VFR. And all the 3 things that you have mention which is slightly larger tank, more upward seating position and larger storage are the things that they could improve the VFR. Having the CT solve this. And to add, it's an adventure bike, it could go places you can't go on the VFR without grumping. The seats are much better on the CT too!  :745:

All the things that I read in this forum praising the CT, manual or DCT are true. I have no doubt you'll enjoy the ride if you choose to own it.  :030:

Offline peace

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X~RED
  • City / Town: JayBee
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 01:21:25 PM »
 :005: matchip 230km/hr on 4th gear ah...you the MAN...  :037:  :020: i try once 224km/hr not sure whether throttle fully open or not and its not really good handling at that speed as i feel it very light or maybe i didnt hide behind the standard windscreen... The best cruising i like was around 150-170km/hr.... Yes the cornering was  :152: ....cant wait to go for my 1st riding trip this coming october to fully test out long distance ride after so long...

P/s : are u going for the 3 Nation Charity Ride to Krabi this October?
~Never Ever Give Up~

Recent Topics