IMG 1058

Views: 122
Posted by: andyrob
in: andyrob
Fuel 1

Views: 599
Posted by: Doc
in: Doc

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New entry  (Read 1612 times)

Offline Allroadtoad

• Crosstourer Master
New entry
« on: August 12, 2012, 12:16:23 PM »
In search for information about the Crosstourer I stumbled upon this site. Allow me to introduce myself: I`m J-P from the Netherlands. I`m 43, very happily married, playing guitar, started riding bikes 23 years ago (CX500, K100RS, ST1100 2x,STX1300, R1100GS, R1200GSA, I currently own a R1150GS, DR650 and now adding the VFR1200xdc dual clutch as a working bike for my job as motorcycle instructor). The dual clutch is because of health issues.
The Crosstourer will not be officially mine, as it is a company bike and I don`t own the company  :164:. But I will be the only rider and it will (ahum, it NEEDS to) be adjusted to my personal requirements as I`m 6`6".  After the test ride I found that the stock seat is not up to the task and (as I did with almost every bike I owned since the first ST1100) will ASAP be swapped for Corbin when they decide to make one. The bike will be altered for training purposes: a topcase for intercom, laptop, rainsuit etc., 12v sockets for cellphone and navigation, heated grips, and some other stuff.  I`m currently looking over the different options in crash bars, windshields, mudflaps, rear wheel hugger (test ride in very wet conditions proved that this is a very messy bike in those circumstances) etc... well, I`m open for suggestions and eager for your wisdom.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 12:47:53 PM by Allroadtoad »
`12 VFR1200X Silver
`98 DR650SE

Offline Red

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Blankenberge
Re: New entry
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 02:28:26 PM »
Welcome to forum J-P
I'll think with the side-cases on the bike, it is dryer. And the rear-hugger  of the VFR 1200 fits the CT to.

Offline Allroadtoad

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 02:40:21 PM »
I personally found the stock cases to be incredibly overpriced compared to Givi/Aro/Hepco&Becker, well, the lot. Do you have an opinion about which cases to buy? I just read about the VeeFeR hugger, that`s good to know. Thanks!
`12 VFR1200X Silver
`98 DR650SE

Offline Hitty

• Crosstourer Member
  • Shazam!
  • Bike: Cross Tourer
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 06:03:41 PM »
Hi JP and welcome on board.

I was in my Honda dealership this weekend and they handed over an R&G Performance Parts leaflet that has a whole bunch of handy accessories.

I'm looking at engine bars (either R&G or Givi) to give some protections along with swing arm / fork protectors.

Luggage I'm going Givi as I find it solid stuff.

I was going to get the Fairing Deflectors but dealership advises me they're not that much bigger than the OEM.

I'm unsure on the seat situation; again, you may find you can get some good advice from your dealer.

Enjoy your new V4 DCT...

Hitty

Offline Red

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Blankenberge
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 06:15:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by Allroadtoad [+]
I personally found the stock cases to be incredibly overpriced compared to Givi/Aro/Hepco&Becker, well, the lot. Do you have an opinion about which cases to buy? I just read about the VeeFeR hugger, that`s good to know. Thanks!
:0461:
my cases are from Hepco & Becker, they look better to me, but they are a bit further away from the bike.
My cases are 40 l, I would advice the smaller ones, to pass cars in traffic, although then you can't put your helmet in.
grts

Offline Allroadtoad

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 06:34:12 PM »
Yep, those cases I like! Traffic isn`t much of a problem as where I live (not far from Blankenberge) traffic jams are only on sunday when in front of the churches  :164:  The cases need to fit some cones for motorcycle exercises, so they need to be a decent size.
`12 VFR1200X Silver
`98 DR650SE