20140625 052424

Views: 420
Posted by: Farway
in: Farway
IMG 1069 1 EICMA2011

Views: 209
Posted by: Giovannino
in: Giovannino

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: CT addict  (Read 1878 times)

Offline oldhand

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: silver CT
  • City / Town: Ayrshire
CT addict
« on: August 10, 2012, 05:28:32 PM »
New silver CT SE delivered last night at 7pm, 3 miles on the clock.
Now showing 160 by lunch time today. Didn't realise torque was so addictive.
Overtakes - no problem.
Steep hills - no problem. 
Going too fast - no problem
Pillion - didn't know she was there.  (think I'll put off fitting the autocom - peace and quiet is underrated   :002:)
Only problem is putting it back in the garage!!   :001:

p.s. road tested an Explorer, a Versys 1000 and a GSA - this was the only one I would have spent my hard earned cash on - worth every penny!!

Offline Red

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Blankenberge
Re: CT addict
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 05:37:15 PM »
 :0461: that's so true!!!!!

Offline Vrom

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 06:57:41 PM »
Tell me about it :086:

Got mine since the end of May en there's allready 7600 km on the clock  :152:

Offline IanM

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • City / Town: Derby
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 06:58:54 PM »
Yet another happy customer!
IanM

Offline Hitty

• Crosstourer Member
  • Shazam!
  • Bike: Cross Tourer
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 10:32:15 PM »
 :400:  You lucky man, oldhand...I have to wait until end of Sept for my silver beast to arrive.

By then I reckon you may have clocked 20k miles and your CT will be worth about £5k  :008:

Hitty

Offline Bernie

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: CT, 2012, silver
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 08:35:30 PM »
I only can share your opinion about the CT !

Yesterday we came back from a three week, 4'050 km trip from Switzerland to Prague, Dresden, Braunschweig, parts of the former "east Germany" region (Quedlinburh, Gotha, Thüringen), black forest and (unfortunately  :002:) back to Switzerland.

The bike was equipped with fully loaded 45l Givi Monokey cases as top- and sideboxes, an MRA spolier added to the standard windshield a rear hugger, Satnav and my pillion  :034: :034:

What shall I say ?
I am absolutely happy with the CT after this trip, now having about 7'500 kms done since mid of May. I am already longing soooooooo much for the next trips.........

Motor / power: great !
- Fuel consumption: 6.1 l / 100km (overall on the trip), 6.2 l/100kms in the hills (not passes), fully loaded, 5.8 l/100km alone without luggage.
- I really used the speed limits, but did not turn the engine up to the limits, also due to noise reasons.

Stability:
- also with the load (me: 74 kgs, pillion 64 kgs) + luggage: great !
  (before the trip I turned the back wheel 1 click onto the harder side)
- only in steep downhill needle turns (I hope you can image what I mean) I should change something, but don't ask me what  :021:, but it was still OK
  (here I have to mention that I'm definitively not the master of narrow turns ....)

Comfort:
- my pillion sits a bit nearer to me than on the Varadero, but if never was an issue
- perhaps we made a bit more stops to ease our  :172: but never "suffered"
- although I have a quite severe back problem with my lumbar discs and I also uses streets not really meriting such names: no back issues at all !!!!

Agility / balance:
- for me also with the luggage much better than with the Vara especially when riding very slowly in towns, manouvring etc. (see my back issue)

Only drawbacks
- when raining (we had one day with not too heavy rain) and after 5 kms on an unpaved wet road the pillion's back and the top box really looked like a mess  :151: (never had that to that extent on the 120'000 kms before)
- sometimes I had troubles to switch from 4th to 5th gear, rarely from 5th to 6th
  (either the 5th did not engage or the gear was stuck in between, showing "-", so I had to either kick again or go down to 4 and up to the 5th again)

For me the CT is a bike, that fits perfectly to me and my pillion and I'm more than just happy to have bought it.

A still broadly smiling Bernie

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 09:30:26 PM »
Hi Bernie, my brother and me have CT's, he complains of this reluctance to change from 4th to 5 th  gear(its not an issue with mine) but after a big trip in July (4700klms) he now thinks its because after getting the bike up to speed in the first 4 gears he selects 5th at a slower rate as its now cruising and when he tries to select 5th quickly it seems easier to engage. hope this makes sense. Another thing i find is the gear indicator on the dash is affected with the slightest pressure down on the gear lever pedal, i sometimes find when in town in 3 rd and pull in the clutch when coasting behind a line of cars ready to select 2nd with my foot resting on the pedal the dash indicator goes to -. its a strongly built gearbox to deal with the mighty torque so its to be expected its a little clunky. I had a bandit 600 years ago and nothing ever again i think will compare to its slickness! 
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline peace

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X~RED
  • City / Town: JayBee
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 01:30:27 PM »
Inow sometime having problem to change gear from 5th to 6th...actually its not going in as u thought it going in....or can i say it bump back to 5th gear or continue to stay in 5th gear....so need to gear in more harder....overall its not a big problem...
~Never Ever Give Up~

arab-exile