IMG 1200

Views: 132
Posted by: andyrob
in: andyrob
2013 02 16 13 34 16

Views: 235
Posted by: scotsy
in: scotsy

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: The "experts" are catching on  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Harry H

• Crosstourer Pro
The "experts" are catching on
« on: August 10, 2012, 04:24:55 PM »
When the CT originally got launched it didn't get fantastic reviews. It was all about how great the Explorer was.

Luckily us experienced chaps ignored the journalists, used our own brains and bought a CT anyway.

Now the mags are starting to come round. According to Bike this month in their Explorer v GS review the Trumpet isn't that great after all and inspite of the CT not being part of the main review it gets it's own section and some very favourable comments. In fact it pretty much implies it's better than both of em ( no surprises here). No doubt the advertising budgets have shifted :180:

None of it is any news to us but it's interesting to see how the so called 'experts" maybe finally cottoning on to something we already knew :031:

Offline Manno

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Stockton on Tees
Re: The "experts" are catching on
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 07:09:26 PM »
It happens all the time!
I've loved being smug knowing how good the CT was when all the journo's were raving over the explorer.
The dealer laughed when i told him the CT "was a future classic".
RD50LC GT185 FZR600R ZZR1100C3 CBR1100XXW XR650R VFR1200X

Offline Hitty

• Crosstourer Member
  • Shazam!
  • Bike: Cross Tourer
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 10:25:36 PM »
Oh yes...permission to gloat   :008:

I was on YouTube last night and I saw a guy talking about how after a five minute demo ride he was "taking it back to the Honda dealer" because it wasn't as good as his GS.

I'll admit that my first ride on the CT (about an hour) I was unsure whether it was the bike for me; so, I tried out a few other bikes, took a week out to read some more reviews, then went back and tried it out again.

Second time round I felt far more at home with the CT and importantly I could benchmark it against a few different models I'd ridden.  Also, I could use what I'd learnt from my research to start making some informed decisions.

I've done it myself in earlier years of trying out a bike once and then forming an immediate opinion on it.  Will be interesting to see how some momentum might now build around the CT.  The downside will be we'll see maybe too many of them on the roads and we won't feel so special, eh?

Hitty

Offline peace

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X~RED
  • City / Town: JayBee
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 02:47:11 PM »
For here in Singapore i can't see any of the Xtourer on the road instead of S10 and GSA...but according to a mechanic i knew he had fixed up 2 number with accessories which i haven't have chance to meet any of them....  :082: so i feel very proud that im riding a very rare bike which no body have on the road...  :305:
~Never Ever Give Up~

Offline Freaky

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: XL1000V Varadero
  • City / Town: Singapore
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 10:40:06 AM »
Hope to join you soon Peace. Even if its not soon, my estimates, the latest might be year end.....

Cheers...

:031:

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 10:08:02 PM »
Yea, I buy MCN every week to keep up with racing news but am always amazed at their reviews of new bikes, the CT came last i think in the first test with the Explorer and GS but they commended it for its motorway manners (true), the Explorer was going to win before i opened the paper of course and hats off to Triumph for constantly improving their quality, then the CT wasn't considered for their off road test ( GS, Explorer, 1200 Tenere, Ktm Avd) even though its quite similar to the Explorer and Tenere(19inch rim and road biased susp), They all failed in the mud plugging except the Ktm, which kinda proves the rest have the same manners and level as the CT , so the CT goes under the radar of the masses only the wise going and taking a test ride to decide for themselves, its poor journalism! they never mentioned the old multistrada for years but when the new 1200 one came out they done an article on how great and forgotten the old one was, Tenere 1200 got luke warm reviews when launched and now when a Worldcrosser is added at an extortionate price (with no extra power) its suddenly a great machine, unreal Bulls**t, seems to be backhanders from the chosen few makers and biased views from reviewers :232:
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

arab-exile