crosstourer

Views: 385
Posted by: Doc
in: Doc
IMG 7069

Views: 203
Posted by: MartyD18
in: MartyD18

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Yo! Scotsy you were spot on!  (Read 2854 times)

Offline grahew

• Crosstourer Pro
  • White very fast CT
  • Bike: Honda CT
  • City / Town: Evesham
Yo! Scotsy you were spot on!
« on: August 07, 2012, 04:06:46 PM »
Scotsy re the Screen saga your right the Touring Screen needs melting down! the Givi Screen is as much use as a chocolate tea pot so its back to the standard screen........plus a mra X-Screen?..........hope this sorts it out its costing me a fortune :005:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 07:13:22 PM by grahew »

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
Re: Yo! Scotsy you were spot on!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 05:35:09 PM »
Hi Grahew, you must be a tall gent if you find the Givi screen inadequate, i find it the business, will you explain please
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline grahew

• Crosstourer Pro
  • White very fast CT
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 06:09:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by thetrecker [+]
Hi Grahew, you must be a tall gent if you find the Givi screen inadequate, i find it the business, will you explain please

5' 11" in not  tall as some but I tried the Givi in both low and high positions and once up to 60 plus mph buffeting kicks in ,seems better with the std screen its windy but no buffeting :007: perhaps a MRA x-Screen is the answer :188:

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • CRF1000l Africa Twin + VFR1200X DCT
  • Bike: CRF1000+VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 07:54:04 PM »
Before ditching the Honda touring screen completely give the bracket modification a try, you have nothing to lose as it is only an elongation of a hole which is completely hidden when fitted and completely reversible with no ill effects

https://www.crosstourer.com/index.php/topic,1186.0.html

HarryH also has been doing something similar to try and get the top of the screen closer to the rider

good Luck

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 05:37:49 PM »
Hi Grahew, i am only 5ft 7" so i assume that is the difference, when riding today i lift my butt off the seat about 2" and i start to get my helmet in the airflow that passes over the screen, must be where your head is in normal riding. i used a mra vario screen previously on a Aprilia Caponord and found in  of little use in combating buffeting (i also tried a laminar lip and a taller Givi screen on the Aprilia and concluded the buffeting could'nt be fixed !) Cheers
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline grahew

• Crosstourer Pro
  • White very fast CT
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 07:14:44 PM »
Hi Trecker, thanks for you road test I've just ordered a vario-x screen as a last resort if this does not fix the buffeting I don't know what will. It's a shame the bike is brilliant but let down by the screen  :110:

Offline IanM

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • City / Town: Derby
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 08:05:43 PM »
I had a Givi Airflow on my GS, which was not pretty but was the most fabulous screen for a smooth quiet ride on the motorway, whilst still being able to slide it down the its lowest setting for bimbling around single track roads in the more remote parts of these islands. 

Givi are developing the Crosstourer version and although it is not ready yet, I shall be amongst the first customers when it does appear because I agree with you that the wind protection is the only weak point I have found in the past 1,000 miles:  http://www.givi.co.uk/Screens--spoilers/AIRFLOW/AF1110
IanM

Offline VaraGirona

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X Black
  • City / Town: Girona
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 11:05:55 AM »
We'll be waiting for the CT version of the Givi Airflow (I used a Givi screen on my old Transalp and was good).
And meanwhile, grahew, when you receive your vario x-screen we will be waiting for a picture of it ...  :169:
It doesn’t matter the fast you go, but the far you arrive ...