in: Jacob

Views: 380
Posted by: luckyluke
in: Luckyluke
Foto0026

Views: 313
Posted by: Red
in: Red

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hello from Monty  (Read 1384 times)

Offline Monty

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: CT manual silver
  • City / Town: Ringwood
Hello from Monty
« on: August 06, 2012, 09:39:29 PM »
Hello Everyone! As a new member I'm following the suggestion to introduce myself and say Hi. I took delivery of my silver Honda Crosstourer towards the end of April, and quickly got the 600 miles and the first service done in time to take the bike down through France and northern Spain to enter Portugal in the mountainous north through the town of Braganca. Spent nearly 2 weeks away - most of the time spent in Portugal, going down as far as Lisbon. I had a brilliant time, the bike was absolutely superb, as was the weather - light rain one morning only, the rest of the time it was 30-36C by lunchtime! Went through torrential rain though for 4 hours on the way back crossing the border from Spain to France, but the bike coped fine, no problems. All told I did just over 3,000 miles (some off road), and it was some of the best riding I've done in Europe for some years, largely thanks to the brilliance of the bike. Extremely comfortable, amazing torque (you can get very lazy on the gear changing), great engine, etc., etc.

My only criticism of the bike I have (since returning home to Ringwood, UK) is the first time I rode it at night. What dreadful headlights! Even with the additional spots switched on the amount of light projected out onto the road was very poor, although a little better when it's possible to switch on full beam. My previous bike was the Honda VFR 800 VTEC, which had outstanding headlights.

Picture shows the bike on the north side of the Douro valley leading up to Porto. If anyone wants more info on the trip let me know.

Best wishes to all

:031:

Offline IanM

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • City / Town: Derby
Re: Hello from Monty
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 10:00:27 PM »
Hello, and welcome!  I've not ridden the Crosstourer in the dark yet, but the headlight can't possibly be worse than my GS.... although I did go to that from a VFR 800 FiY (not a VTEC) and the headlights on that were absolutely superb.

IanM

Offline Red

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Blankenberge
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 04:27:54 AM »
Hello and  :400: welcome to the forum

Red

Offline jacob

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Windsor
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 06:16:56 AM »
Hello and welcome - sounds like you had an excellent intro ride with CT - look forward to more ride postings from you  :018:
2012 VFR1200X CrossTourer - April 2012 - http://crosstourer.tumblr.com/

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 06:05:31 PM »
Hi Monty, Welcome on board and best of luck.the head lights are an issue for me too but i adjusted the beam a little upwards with the grey thumb wheel located to the left under the digital display and fitted "Philips X-treme vision H7" bulbs (quite expensive) which improved light penetration a bit. :400:
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline Hitty

• Crosstourer Member
  • Shazam!
  • Bike: Cross Tourer
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 08:48:42 PM »
Hey Monty, welcome to the club!  And a good decision on silver/grey for your colour...I have ordered the same and we have a bit of a debate going on a separate thread.

I see you live down in Ringwood...nice part of the world; we've been down your way many times on holiday.

Disappointing to hear about the lights at night time...will watch this when I get mine as I'll be using the CT all year round with some very early starts and late rides home from London.

Enjoy!

Hitty

Offline Monty

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: CT manual silver
  • City / Town: Ringwood
Re: Thanks...
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 11:50:38 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome chaps. And thanks to 'thetrecker' for the comment on the headlights. I'm looking at bulbs at the moment and I'll let you know what I go for - seems to be a few options around, which will hopefully improve things!

Offline peace

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X~RED
  • City / Town: JayBee
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 02:55:03 PM »
Hi Monty  :400: to the club......the head light no problem just tune up a bit the angle u prefer will solve your problem as i don't see any problem with it as i travel every eary morning or maybe my place here street lighting very good....  :008:
~Never Ever Give Up~