austria6

Views: 283
Posted by: russ_fae_fyvie
in: russ_fae_fy­vie
Image Example

Views: 484
Posted by: Crosstourer
in: Example Album

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New member  (Read 2882 times)

Offline Paul

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Love the life you lead
« on: August 02, 2012, 09:33:35 PM »
Hello to all from North Norfolk :158:

At present I have an ST1300 and its my pride and joy, but I have a couple of very minor physical problems that have made me look at the C.T.  I booked a test ride today (2/8/12) with CJ Ball in Norwich on their manual version of the Cross Tourer and was very impressed. Lots of good points and only a couple of negative points. (No belly pan, small rev counter)  I also had a test ride on an NC700 with DCT to try out the gearbox. The NC700  is not the bike for me size wise but I did like the gearbox and its different modes of operation.

I have high hopes now that a Cross Tourer with a DCT gearbox will be the bike for me. Just a small matter now of finding the readies and placing  an order for the 1st September registrations.

Cheers :821:

Offline Red

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Blankenberge
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 11:10:28 PM »
 :400: Paul, I think you'll enjoy the Crosstourer  with Dct, I know I do  :046:

Offline jacob

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Windsor
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 02:13:41 AM »
Hi Paul - CT is the way to go - FYI - white is the best colour  :001: for your September order  :018:
2012 VFR1200X CrossTourer - April 2012 - http://crosstourer.tumblr.com/

Offline Paul

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Love the life you lead
Web site found
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 11:58:26 PM »
Hi jacob, thanks for the reply.   My test ride was on a white CT and I did like the colour, but I think red has the edge at the moment :187:

Have found a site http://crosstourer.tumblr.com/ with some interesting photos but not curtain where the site is from. :261:

One of my negative points about the CT is no engine sump guard. Not that I will be doing anything challenging off road but you never know whats round the corner and trying to untangle a rabbit from the exhaust is no fun. Have you seen the sump guard in the pictures on the site mentioned above?

It looks well made and would give me confidence to take on a hump or ditch and not worry about damaging the exhaust or engine sump.

What do you think?

Cheers :821: Paul

Offline jacob

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Windsor
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 07:09:56 AM »
Hi Paul
the site you found is mine  :001:
As you can see from the site I have basically turned my CT in a bigger version of my old XR400 my objective is to explore more of Australia using dirt roads, fire trails and the odd track if not to washed out.
The sump guard is a SW Motech guard which I am very happy with, it is solid and mounts up into the frame area by support struts, I had to order it in from Germany.
Jacob  :018:
2012 VFR1200X CrossTourer - April 2012 - http://crosstourer.tumblr.com/

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • CRF1000l Africa Twin + VFR1200X DCT
  • Bike: CRF1000+VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 06:27:33 PM »
Welcome Paul, can i just say that the DCT is worth the extra cost IMHO

I also rode and liked a DCT Integra to assess the transmission but I would NOT order a CT until i had ridden both versions of it, after riding the DCT i couldn't wait to give the manual demo bike back!!!

By the way red, white and black ones always look dirty whereas SILVER shines through :068:

I'll get my coat .................. :038:

Ian

Offline Red

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Blankenberge
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 07:32:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by scotsy [+]

By the way red, white and black ones always look dirty whereas SILVER shines through :068:

:0461:  :821:

Offline IanM

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • City / Town: Derby
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 07:43:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by scotsy [+]

By the way white and black ones always look dirty whereas SILVER is only undercoat ...........
I've fixed your typos for you, Ian.  It's now obvious why red is best!   :305: :046:

« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 08:16:54 PM by IanM »
IanM

arab-exile