Whiteways Cafe A29

Views: 63
Posted by: Jumper
in: Jumper
1 CT@N240 Embalse de Yesa

Views: 230
Posted by: SPW999
in: SPW999

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Crosstourer in US?  (Read 2001 times)

Offline flysrv10

• Crosstourer Junior
Crosstourer in US?
« on: July 31, 2012, 12:12:26 PM »
Hi all,

Trying to find out if Crosstourer is coming to US and when that might be.  The dealers in the US don't even know about the bike.  Thanks.

Offline steve

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Llanelli
Re: Crosstourer in US?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 09:38:05 PM »
Wish I could tell you something, but unfortunately don't know if it will go to the U.S.
Don't think that even Honda knows if it's going there ! 
Unless someone else knows something !!!

Offline jacob

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Windsor
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 08:36:53 AM »
Hi flysrv10
Mate - captain scarlet posted the following in December - it may be worth a followup call to Honda - but unless it has changed the bad news is not for USA yet ....
*Originally Posted by Captain Scarlet [+]
I've just been on the phone to Honda North America Customer Service (1.866.784.1870) and enquired if there was any more news regarding the CrossTourer potentially coming into America during the spring/summer in 2012. After some lengthy checking, the guy I spoke to said that they have already had confirmation from Honda Japan regarding which models will come into the country during those seasons and the CrossTourer definitely isn't one of them. He indicated that it could arrive late next year, but was more likely to be a spring 2013 model.

Apart from this being very disappointing news, for potential America based owners, I think this is a major faux pas for Honda. Waiting until they have to compete with a (revised?) Tenere, the eXplorer and by then liquid-cooled GS shows just how out of touch they are with regards to how many bike they could potentially sell next year. This is very good news for Triumph as many will view the Tenere as underpowered, the GS as superseded and with no direct competition from Honda, the eXplorer is likely to take a huge percentage of non-GS business, which Honda could have shared in. For a bike that looked production ready nearly 18 mths ago it's very poor IMHO.
  :006: :138: :112:
2012 VFR1200X CrossTourer - April 2012 - http://crosstourer.tumblr.com/

Offline Captain Scarlet

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Ducati Diavel CR
  • City / Town: Roswell
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 12:47:53 AM »
Word.

Be good to hear if the situation has now changed though? I think they'll probably bring it in next year. Other Adventure bikes like the forthcoming KTM could make an appearance by then too?

I decided I couldn't wait and bought the Triumph. But I think the nature of a DCT CrossTourer would really suit a lot of the topography over here, so here's hoping for potential new owners.

arab-exile