Panasonic HX-WA30

Views: 1702
Posted by: Doc
in: Doc
2012 05 05 23 07 12

Views: 297
Posted by: regis
in: Regis

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hi fae Fyvie (Aberdeenshire!)  (Read 953 times)

Offline russ_fae_fyvie

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: CT
  • City / Town: Fyvie
Hi fae Fyvie (Aberdeenshire!)
« on: July 30, 2012, 11:06:51 AM »
Although I have already posted on the General Forum, that was done before I went and bought a CT so here I now am !

Haven't got the beast yet, still waiting for Centre Stand, Heated Grips, Hugger, Rad Guard and Front Fender Extender to be fitted but should be this week anyway when I collect.

Mine is a strange story !
I have owned Hondas for 40 years, all sorts really but recently a Blackbird for the last 13 years (72k miles so far!) but 2 years ago I bought an F800GS mainly for the winter but also for my 60 mile daily commute. It also is very comfortable but no good for long blasts (IMO).

For the last few years I had been finding the Blacky a bit cramped for longer tours (old age!) so fitted raised bars, lower pegs, etc, but this year it has been a real struggle. So with a trip to Italy planned for next year I started looking for something I could actually ride there and back !

To start with I never really thought of the CT and so test rode a couple of Beemers of which the K13S was pretty comfortable and I actually was ready to get one because although it is similar looking to the Black, when you ride it, it is quite a bit more comfortable.
Anyway to cut a long boring story short, the local BMW dealer screwed me about just as I was about to buy a 2009 one so the following day, just out of interest, I arranged a test ride on the CT, my god was I glad I didn't buy the K13S !!

We took it out and I was simply blown away with that motor, it was amazing and got me hooked straight away.

Went back to dealer and when we worked out the finance, it was actually cheaper to buy (monthly) with the cheap finance (and discount !!) than the 2nd hand BMW would have been.

So that was it !!

Went back the following week (last week) and put the deposit down on a nice black one that was in the showroom.

And thats where I am now, a new owner but just waiting for the bike to be ready, and I can't wait !

Already planning a few trips to the West Coast  !!

Roll on delivery day !!

« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 12:05:30 PM by russ_fae_fyvie »

Offline Red

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Blankenberge
Re: Hi fae Fyvie (Aberdeenshire!)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 12:03:02 PM »
 :400:
you'll be very happy to ride the ct, and Scotland must be wonderful to ride!!!

Offline IanM

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • City / Town: Derby
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 10:21:38 AM »
Welcome aboard, you will love the bike and the west coast trips you're planning to run it in.  I am heading for Wester Ross and then Lewis in a fortnight, alas in the car, due to family commitments.   But I get to take the bike to the Manx Grand Prix at the end of August. 
IanM

Offline russ_fae_fyvie

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: CT
  • City / Town: Fyvie
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 10:51:26 AM »
Hi
We were over in Lewis a couple of weeks ago on the F800GS, went to Skye first, then Lewis for a couple of days then back home via Ullapool, Great run and the 800 was fine as well. Just booked a night at Applecross in September so will use the CT for that run, overnight stay there and then back so it will be the CT's first long run which we are really looking forward to.
Picking bike up on Friday so also looking forward to that !!

:046:

Offline IanM

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • City / Town: Derby
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 11:02:07 AM »
I’m in Wester Ross for best part of a week, then out via Ullapool for 3 days on Lewis and then down the Uists and home via Lochboisdale and Oban.  Looking forward to it, even the driving will be fun
IanM