Author Topic: Screen Conclusion !  (Read 79122 times)

Offline mjb9

• Crosstourer Pro
Re: Screen Conclusion !
Reply #216 on: January 06, 2017, 01:30:44 AM
*Originally Posted by Hartley [+]
Ordered a clear MRA xscreen today. Don't think the standard screen is to bad, im just under 6ft and I get a bit of wind noise at the bottom of the helmet so hopefully this will raise it a bit. Tried a few on my FJR and the MRA worked for me so I thought I'd try one on the CT.
Fingers crossed.

Paul

What's the verdict on performance?

Online Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
Reply #217 on: January 06, 2017, 07:30:49 AM
Hi,

I think the MRA was a definite improvement on the original screen on my 13 plate CT.
I have seen your post asking for verdict on the MRA screen but didn't respond as you have a 16 bike which comes with a completely different screen and the adjustment lever.

The European pre 16 bikes have a very small screen as standard and do not adjust like yours so i wouldn't like to give a verdict on what it maybe like on your bike.

Only thing I can say is that it was better for me on mine and I had one on my FJR which was also an improvement.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Offline mjb9

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #218 on: January 06, 2017, 11:59:22 PM
*Originally Posted by Hartley [+]
Hi,

I think the MRA was a definite improvement on the original screen on my 13 plate CT.
I have seen your post asking for verdict on the MRA screen but didn't respond as you have a 16 bike which comes with a completely different screen and the adjustment lever.

The European pre 16 bikes have a very small screen as standard and do not adjust like yours so i wouldn't like to give a verdict on what it maybe like on your bike.

Only thing I can say is that it was better for me on mine and I had one on my FJR which was also an improvement.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Much appreciate your feedback-always helpful. Let me ask you. Along with reduced noise for you with the MRA screen, did it also protect you from the elements (wind at face and rain), better than your stock CT screen?

Thanks!
Michael

Online Hartley

• Crosstourer God
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Northampton
Reply #219 on: January 07, 2017, 05:38:29 AM
It does provide better protection from the elements than the standard screen without the buffeting that a tall single piece "touring" type screen can cause.

Though I wouldn't say it protects so well that you could ride at speed with the visor up.

Offline plukenannabel

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #220 on: February 06, 2020, 07:42:26 AM

Offline robinreliant

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: vfr1200 X DCT
  • City / Town: Bruton
Reply #221 on: March 30, 2020, 03:10:27 PM
Just to say....I tried the Ermax offering.
It is hopeless! More wind-noise and buffeting than Honda original. Also badly finished with cheap spray paint used to provide shading. AVOID!

But I am still looking for the solution.....THe Givi Aerflow doesn't fit the latest model, sadly!

Oh, and on Huggers...the Pyramid plastics version fits alright and looks nice but doesn't do anything useful! It is not tall enough or wide enough.
So useless screen and pointless hugger both available!
robin

arab-exile