That's one long road ...

Views: 527
Posted by: RoadRash
in: RoadRash
2012 05 05 23 04 17

Views: 252
Posted by: regis
in: Regis

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Screen Conclusion !  (Read 58705 times)

Offline grahew

• Crosstourer Pro
  • White very fast CT
  • Bike: Honda CT
  • City / Town: Evesham
Screen Conclusion !
« on: July 29, 2012, 08:56:11 PM »
Just thought i would ask the question is there a definitive answer to the Screen issue :084: from my point of view the std screen is to low and noisy,the Touring screen is higher but caused buffeting and is noisy the only one I've not tried is the Givi screen can we have  a consenses of opinion's before I spent £80  :005: ideally from CT riders who have purchased Givi Screens :440:

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200XD white
  • City / Town: Stans
Re: Screen Conclusion !
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 10:09:18 PM »
.... i think there is no "standard" and definitive solution to the screen thing .... all depending on your "size", your likes, cost ... etc ...

For me the "add on" Touratech spoiler on standard screen just works perfect. No more buffeting, i could even drive with open visor even on high speed ....

Said that, personally i dont like the somewhat "biggish" touring screen, it just looks too strange on that bike ... so that just me thoughts on that ....
Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....
my latest trip: http://www.austral.omania.ch/index.html

Offline marvincon

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: NC750 dct
  • City / Town: leics
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 05:29:46 PM »
Check out the Givi website, the Airflow for the CT is 'under manufacture' this screen on my GS is not far from perfect and  I will be putting one on my (ordered yesterday) black DCT.

Offline Harry H

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 05:38:12 PM »
Oooh that's interesting. I have to say that the Givi Air flow on my GS was the best screen on any motorcycle ever. Almost like driving my car :018:

Only slight down side is that it's not pretty. On the GS it doesn't matter cause the bike is fugly anyway but the CT is a much better looking animal. But unless it's horrendous I'll be having one

Offline marvincon

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: NC750 dct
  • City / Town: leics
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 05:51:20 PM »
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as they say, I think the gs is gorgeous looking. Anyway keeping a quiet helmet  is paramount to me.

Offline VaraGirona

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X Black
  • City / Town: Girona
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 07:32:48 AM »
I've seen that MRA is selling new screens with different sizes and colours, and with spoilers or without.

http://www.mrashop.de/erp/catalog/navigation/catalogNavigation.action?selher=(158,18,0)&modell=(3554,19,0)&year=(3768,19,0)&kgetforms=1&tableNavigations.CATALOG_NAVIGATION_PRODUCT_TABLE_NAVIGATION_KEY.offset=0

Well, finally there will be lots of them to buy (HONDA, MRA, GIVI, ERMAX, ...), and some of theme will fit you, and some of theme not.
The perfect one? Good question.
But, if you buy one of them, share your opinions (and pictures) with us, because some of us are waiting for "the good one".
It doesn’t matter the fast you go, but the far you arrive ...

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 12:35:11 PM »
Givi screen for me, tried both the Honda taller one and the Givi and its top marks to the Givi. That problem is sorted first try which is great. Today just fitting an extender fender from Pyramid, i looked at their hugger but still pondering this issue, thinking of making my own version of hugger.
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline IanM

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • City / Town: Derby
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 06:15:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by Harry H [+]
Oooh that's interesting. I have to say that the Givi Air flow on my GS was the best screen on any motorcycle ever. ...............
Only slight down side is that it's not pretty. On the GS it doesn't matter cause the bike is fugly anyway but the CT is a much better looking animal.
  I quite agree, the Givi Airflow transformed the GS into a brilliant, quiet-ish, high speed machine.
IanM