My choice of Ear Plugs

Views: 313
Posted by: Doc
in: Doc
P1010020

Views: 335
Posted by: stefan
in: stefan

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: The Eagle has landed  (Read 1085 times)

Offline dens

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: CT & BMW RACER
  • City / Town: Newtownards
The Eagle has landed
« on: July 22, 2012, 07:56:16 PM »
 Hi Folks. I picked up my new silver CT auto on Friday from my local Belfast Honda dealer.This bike is a big departure for me as I had sports bikes and still own a Ducati 848.Having covered 398 miles so far, I have to say I am very impressed.How a bike that weighs 385 kilos handles so well I don't know, its just as fast down my favourate roads as my Fireblade was. Fuel consumption is 46 mpg which is slightly worse than the Blade.Its very comfortable but so was the Blade. Where the CT has the advantage is the up right riding position,it makes it more relaxed and therefore safer ride.The only place were a sports bike would have an advantage would be on the west coast of Scotland, there is some seriously quick roads up there.but I live here in Norn Ireland were there is to many cars,tractors and hedges.The build quality is very good,I had thought of a GS BMW but a couple of Friends have one and have had a few faults,fuel pumps throttle position sensers and drive shaft problems. Cant be bothered with all that.I think the CT is one of those bikes that will prove very popular given time.The auto box is the future, being able to change down a couple of gears to over take or going into a corner is amazing and the torque is great , cant wait till its run in.The only down side is the weight when moving it in the garage. Anyway I am looking forward to a long relationship with the CT and can see the Ducati going. Never thought i would hear myself say that  :046:

Offline IanM

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • City / Town: Derby
Re: The Eagle has landed
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 09:33:48 PM »
Friday was obviously a popular day for Crosstourers, I collected mine on the dot of 9am!  And I'm beating you with 405 miles on the clock   :150:

Despite being old fashioned and having to change gear occasionally, I can only agree with you about the performance and comfort of this bike.  It's great.
IanM

Offline peace

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X~RED
  • City / Town: JayBee
Re: The Eagle has landed
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 08:55:50 AM »
 :400: and congrats guys..... :152:
~Never Ever Give Up~

Offline jacob

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT VFR1200X