20130330 16204610

Views: 246
Posted by: Carl
in: Carl
IMG 1202

Views: 162
Posted by: andyrob
in: andyrob

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: EBC Brake Pads  (Read 2270 times)

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
EBC Brake Pads
« on: July 21, 2012, 04:33:33 PM »
Hi All,
just something i noticed when looking at the wemoto.com website with relation to brake pads,its probably only relevant to anyone who had a Varadero previous to their CT. The EBC brand brake pads that fitted the Varadero front and rear, EBC ref. FA261HH will fit the rear (only) of your new CT. Handy if you have spare pads in stock after the Varadero. Just for reference the EBC ref for the front pads of the CT is FA388 HH, and dimentions are 118x47x8.3. Cheers
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline AgaTourer

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: CrossTourer
  • City / Town: Agadir
Re: EBC Brake Pads
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 07:34:30 PM »
Hi thetrecker :
it seems that this topic was meant for me  :152: , I had a varadero XL1000 09 and I had 2 sets
of EBC break pads left one rear and one front, i noticed on wemoto.com as you did that the EBC rear break pads are the same on varadero and crosstourer , ref FA261HH , so when i bought my CT i ordered another 4 sets for the rear, but when i came home i wanted to be sure so i took off the break pads and surprise they were not the same, the FA261HH( were almost 10mm bigger than the pads on the CT ) so i have done some research and measurement and i found out that the EBC rear break pads on the CT are the same on the VFR 2010 on, so the ref is : FA488HH  (dimensions 99.35x38.65x8.9 )and not FA261HH
the front EBC break pads for the CT is ref: FA388 HH,  dimensions are 118x47x8.3.  as you mentioned and they are the same as the ones on varadero XL1000 09 on.

Cheers

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 12:50:24 PM »
Thanks AgaTourer, and I am sorry you had too find out the hard way, I use wemoto a lot for my other bikes and find their cross references always spot on....until now, I will e mail them (as you probably have) to correct the listing. The pads I have suit a '04 model Varadero so I note from your post that they changed on a '09 model.  :087:Cheers
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline AgaTourer

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: CrossTourer
  • City / Town: Agadir
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 07:44:26 PM »
Hi thetrecker :)
No worries mate :) nothing is wasted here in Morocco :305:
I sold all the EBC break pads to the guy i sold the Varadero to, he was happy to get some spare pads :) as we don't have many genuine accessories here , i have plenty  time to order few sets from a friend in London.
Cheers