in: Min
Honda Service Plan UK

Views: 687
Posted by: Doc
in: Doc

Views: 2344
Posted by: IanM
in: IanM

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Getting what was advertised  (Read 862 times)

Offline firsttime

• Crosstourer Junior
Getting what was advertised
« on: July 20, 2012, 01:02:17 PM »
The Honda Crosstourer Adventure was launched in South Africa in around April this year. I read all about the bike and ordered one. the only models on the showroom floors were the standard models and I was told the "Adventure Kit" comes in a box and takes a few hours to install...imagine my dismay after paying more for this bike than the BMWR1200GS Adventure, Triumph 1200 Explorer or Kawasaki 1000 Versys and not getting the spotlights as in the picture on the Honda SA website. When I complained they simply updated the pic on the websight with a note saying the picture does not represent what is available...seriously? i have owned many bikes including the BMW Adventure and Suzuki Hayabusa and when you start paying that amount of money for a bike, you have to get what is advertised...if you have not bought one yet, think before about doing business with a dodgy company like Honda.

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • CRF1000l Africa Twin
  • Bike: CRF1000l
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Re: Getting what was advertised
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 04:02:38 PM »
Every single advert of every car , bike etc shows a model fitted with many extra's fitted that don't come on the one for the stated price in the advert, there is always some small print saying something like 'model shown includes optional extras' or something similar.

Having said that i made sure EXACTLY what i was getting with the SE pack BEFORE i agreed the purchase

Those lights and support bar/harness are just taking the p1ss at £600 odd

Ian

arab-exile