IMG 1052

Views: 130
Posted by: andyrob
in: andyrob
Meeting a Wheeler Dealer

Views: 418
Posted by: Moses
in: Moses

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: First big trip  (Read 1416 times)

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
First big trip
« on: July 18, 2012, 09:37:33 PM »
Hi guys, just home from a trip from Ireland to Krakow in Poland, 4765klms and took in the German Motogp on the way. Glowing reports on the CT. It has now done a total of 5403 klms and is very dirty at the moment but i will clean it tomorrow. What a super high speed machine and at a rough calculation I'd say we were travelling around 20% quicker than previous trips
Some points i noticed- fuel consumption is strange. if i am travelling at say a steady 110kph the consumption as the same in 4th 5th and 6th gears,its only when speed is much higher it needs to be in 6th to get good kpg. Even at 180kph ALL day on an autobahn (getting to the Sachenring) it isnt much harder, only when abusing it on the A5 in Wales did i see a significant drop in kpg.
- the Givi tall screen is the business,all day riding with the visor up and sunglasses even at speeds of 120kph.
- the Pirelli Trails can break traction quite easily on very wet Autobahns when you hit a strip of repair tar.
Its easy to over fill the fuel tank and then watch expensive fuel exiting the overflow pipe when the bike is on the side stand.
-very happy with the RadGaurd,it done its job and I felt confident on gravel lanes or if I hit a stone on the road.
- the usual Honda trait continues with this model, in that when you hit a pool of water it is directed upwards and soaks your feet and legs and comes up past the forks and hits your visor.
- under saddle storage is terrible.
- I agree with other reports on this site about the gear ratio spacings, too big of a gap from 1st to 2nd and mabye 4th,5th and 6th are a little too close together but the torque is wonderful
so thats it so far, very happy and looking foward to the next trip to Silverstone in August for a round of WSB.
Oh i spotted a black CT just outside Dover on Tuesday afternoon, wondering was it anyone on here.
Bye :001:
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline peace

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X~RED
  • City / Town: JayBee
Re: First big trip
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 01:25:31 PM »
Do you experienced water at your back?i mean jacket as today after heavy downpour i reach home and my back was wet so as the seat n holder....is it because riding at higher speed causing it?
~Never Ever Give Up~

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 09:42:50 PM »
Hi Peace,
No I did'nt get the water spray from behind but that may be because i have a Givi plate and top box fitted and the plate is extended back about 75mm from  the Honda rack so it stops the spray coming up and over the rear of the bike (I also had soft "buffalo" panniers fitted for this trip). The spray however coats the exhaust with mud and tar spots and i wonder if the hugger mentioned on this site helps with this problem :034:
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline peace

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X~RED
  • City / Town: JayBee
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 07:04:48 AM »
Oic no wonder u not wet...for the rear hugger it should be protecting water/mud spraying to the suspension rather than the exhaust...you need to find out from those who installed the hugger
~Never Ever Give Up~

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • CRF1000l Africa Twin
  • Bike: CRF1000l
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 09:36:31 AM »
Its a 'ducktail' you need (you could make your own version)

sort of extends down from the number plate

Got mine from Pyramid along with front fender extender and RW hugger

http://www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=28_1785&osCsid=e103d94d631b2f16e45b5cf65424b7bf