20161021 092507 HDRs

Views: 91
Posted by: Superjeap
in: Superjeap
Tyre Pressures

Views: 602
Posted by: Doc
in: Doc

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Dunlop TR91  (Read 3938 times)

Offline grahew

• Crosstourer Pro
  • White very fast CT
  • Bike: Honda CT
  • City / Town: Evesham
Dunlop TR91
« on: July 16, 2012, 08:26:22 PM »
I've tried the new Dunlop TR91 and found the grip the best out of either Anakee 2 or Trail attack,any body else tried these?...........stunning grip in the wet!  :046:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 08:30:48 PM by grahew »

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Glasgow
Re: Dunlop TR91
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 08:56:07 PM »
Have you used these on the CT or was it a previous bike?

Normally as I don't go off road at all I put road tyres on, last set were Michelin PR3 that were fantastic in the wet but I see the Dunlop Roadsmart 2 is now out and was wondering if they use the same compound in the trail tyres. Any idea?

Tried Anakees on the GS and hated them but didn't have a problem with Conti Trail Attacks which felt exactly the same as the Road Attacks

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 11:36:37 PM »
Hi Mika
I have used Roadsmarts 1 on a previous Aprilia Caponord and found them absolutely brill
long mileage,best wet weather performance of any tyre previous, excellent dry stickiness the only down side was its stiff carcass transmitted harshness up through the bike.
I was at a Bike show at the start of '12 and spoke to a rep on the Dunlop stand. I gushed how good the roadsmarts were and he said the Roadsmarts 11 were even better with 10% better mileage and the same grip all round so eager to try them out on the CT soon  :169:
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 07:32:07 PM »
The Roadsmarts 11 would not have the same compound mix as the trail type TR91's, no way

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • CRF1000l Africa Twin
  • Bike: CRF1000l
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 08:59:47 PM »
My DCT  came with the excellent Pirelli scorpion trails but after little more than 3,500 miles the rear is FOOKED !!!

The abrasive roads of the 2000 mile highlands trip when i first got it put paid to any hopes of getting more than 4,000 miles from it, i will be ordering some roadsmarts or PR2's this weekend as i won't be doing any off roading, strictly tarmac for me :038:

Ian

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Glasgow
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 09:52:57 PM »
3.5k out of them is piss poor. I've got the Scorpions fitted to mine but not been out in the wet with them yet but would be hoping to get at least 5k out of them.

I don't mind sacrificing mileage for grip and will probably go down the Roadsmart 2 or back to the PR3 that I were on my GS for about 2k prior to getting the CT, fantastic tyres in the wet.

Offline Allroadtoad

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 08:18:47 AM »
My rear Scorpion is ready to be replaced after 7000 kms, I`m past the wear limit but still in Luxemburg so no chance to replace it `till next week.
`12 VFR1200X Silver
`98 DR650SE

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 07:30:29 PM »
Geez Scotsy, you must have flogged it to death for 3500klms.
I rode about 2000klms on German autobahns at average 140kph and was very impressed that they did'nt flatten off
7000klm is more like it Allroadtoad, although i must look at mine to see where the wear limit is as i'm away to France next week and hoping tyre will last the trip before being replaced, I have 8000klm on it now!