Selfkantbahn

Views: 334
Posted by: Doc
in: Doc
Connel, Scotland

Views: 235
Posted by: andyrob
in: andyrob

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Engine cut out with ABS flashing  (Read 3982 times)

Offline Ducouple

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Honda VFR1200X
Engine cut out with ABS flashing
« on: July 16, 2012, 07:48:52 PM »
 :005:
hello,

My engine had cut out while i was driving with abs flashing on dashboard. Had to turn the key off and on, restart engine and all was OK.
Strange, i don't like that. since I have traveled 30 km and nothing to report.
To be continued tomorrow...
The Dog is man's best friend. Animal Liberation Front (ALF).

Offline Ducouple

• Crosstourer Member
Re: Engine cut out with ABS flashing
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 02:53:03 PM »
hello,

My Crosstourer sucks  :232:

See these videos ! i am on the high and suddenly engine stops and bike goes crazy. it's a very dangerous issue. This is the 2nd Crosstourer that has this problem in France (to my knowledge) I have only 7500 KM !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrTWVTs7O1A&feature=plcp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k53rIEKnq6c&feature=channel&list=UL

Offline feahna

• Crosstourer Junior
Re: Engine cut out and dogey handlebar mounts
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 06:40:04 AM »
very upset with my crosstourer.have done 9000klm and bike has stopped 6 times.have to turn key off and restart.has been very dangerous.also handlebar mounts are rubbish , push down on them hard enough and they bend. stopping problem being dealt with under warranty,dealer had bike now for 2 weeks with no real answer.dissapointed. :173:

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • CRF1000l Africa Twin + VFR1200X DCT
  • Bike: CRF1000+VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 08:20:12 AM »
I was surprised to see this addition in my 'recent posts' this morning because i never noticed the original OP's comments from July and August 2012? It doesn't help that the videos have been removed :173:

Aren't the french bikes restricted in power by some device? could it be a problem related to that?

I'm always a bit narked to read someones 1st post on any forum being NEGATIVE about the bike i love but so far problems have been few and far between and more like 'niggles' really.

I drive a VW Crafter van  and that had a recent recurring problem where i lost all power and had to basically 'coast' to a stop on the roadside (bit scary on a multi lane carriageway) and by turning it off then restarting it i could carry on as normal until it did it again. After eventually taking it to the dealers for a check-up it was found that the fuel filter hadn't been changed for 51,000 miles and was clogged with a 'jelly' like substance  (diesel powered) and was restricting the flow to the fuel rail at which point the electrics were shutting down the engine to protect it!!!  New filter sorted it out immediately. This van is serviced at VW main agents exactly to the schedule but still some numpty 'technician' had missed doing the filter when it was due. Some of the latest Honda fuel injected motocross bikes initially had problems with injectors caused by fuel filters/injectors getting fouled by particles in todays crappy fuel. Tank neck filters and in-lines have become neccesary to keep the problem at bay

As for the latest gripe it seems like the same as the OP initially but i fail to see HOW you can possibly BEND the handlebar mounts?

Am i missing something?

Ian
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 08:38:36 AM by scotsy »

Offline feahna

• Crosstourer Junior
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 08:37:19 AM »
put the bars in full lock position and then gently push a little further,they wont be straight any more! my bike fell off its stand and when i picked up the beast the mounts bent! beware! :005:

Admin Edit:  Please don't hijack someone else's topic with a different issue.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 10:06:40 AM by Crosstourer »

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 10:10:40 AM »
*Originally Posted by feahna [+]
put the bars in full lock position and then gently push a little further,they wont be straight any more! my bike fell off its stand and when i picked up the beast the mounts bent! beware! :005:

Not sure what to make of this post. Bars seem solid enough to be. Why would I want to try and push the bars past their maximum?

I don't know of a bike that has straight bars after it has fallen over onto them - the weight of the CT will obviously bend them.

Please explain - especially what is meant by 'gently'?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 10:12:17 AM by Doc »

Offline Ducouple

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 10:31:49 AM »
hi there,

i always have my videos if you need ...
Honda has change my "master fuse" and since 5000km no problem.  :020:
Hope this help

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200XD white
  • City / Town: Stans
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 11:22:36 AM »
*Originally Posted by feahna [+]
put the bars in full lock position and then gently push a little further,they wont be straight any more! .....
Are you sure your not talking about your little boys three wheel bike here  :034:

I am sure that motorbike handlebars are under strict regulations from the ... how would you say ... road traffic act. As it is with brakes, tyres etc. ... etc. ...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 11:25:33 AM by ojo »
Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....
my latest trip: http://www.austral.omania.ch/index.html