cupolino e fanali s1000 xr

Views: 340
Posted by: Farway
in: Farway
S5000612

Views: 668
Posted by: Red
in: Red

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: No more buffeting  (Read 3481 times)

Offline Harry H

• Crosstourer Pro
No more buffeting
« on: July 16, 2012, 11:30:22 AM »
Yep folks, I'm nearly there.

Been having a serious play with screens and whilst we all agree the standard is better than the touring I couldn't help thinking the touring screen has the sort of body protection one would more expect with the CT type of bike if only one could get rid of the buffeting.

One of the problems with the touring screen IMHO is that it's too far forward. So I started to have a good look at the screen mount brackets themselves. As we know they're not adjustable but, if you remove the front supporting bolt and loosen the back one the brackets will tilt just enough to give more slope to the screen. By then replacing the front bolt so it goes under the bracket  and retightening the rear bolt the brackets are still absolutely solid. Giving more slope to the screen has made things better but still not good enough so I added an Airflow deflector.

Result, 85 mph (private road) this morning and I'm pretty much there. Loads of body protection, minimal wind noise and virtually no buffeting. It's not perfection but a major leap forward. There's such a noticeable difference that I got caught out approaching a couple of junctions this morning going a lot faster than I though I was.

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Re: No more buffeting
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 11:41:24 AM »
A picture of your solution would be most welcome. The buffeting with the touring screen is a pain, and the standard screen it to low for me - VFR-like protection = not much.

Cheers,
Doc

Offline IanM

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • City / Town: Derby
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 02:06:13 PM »
A private road with junctions, eh?  You must have a very big garden!  :037:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 02:08:36 PM by IanM »
IanM

Offline Harry H

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 02:47:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by IanM [+]
A private road with junctions, eh?  You must have a very big garden!  :037:

Us Crosstourer owners are a cut above the riff raft on their GS's don't you know :164:

Offline grahew

• Crosstourer Pro
  • White very fast CT
  • Bike: Honda CT
  • City / Town: Evesham
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 05:13:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by Harry H [+]
Yep folks, I'm nearly there.

Been having a serious play with screens and whilst we all agree the standard is better than the touring I couldn't help thinking the touring screen has the sort of body protection one would more expect with the CT type of bike if only one could get rid of the buffeting.

One of the problems with the touring screen IMHO is that it's too far forward. So I started to have a good look at the screen mount brackets themselves. As we know they're not adjustable but, if you remove the front supporting bolt and loosen the back one the brackets will tilt just enough to give more slope to the screen. By then replacing the front bolt so it goes under the bracket  and retightening the rear bolt the brackets are still absolutely solid. Giving more slope to the screen has made things better but still not good enough so I added an Airflow deflector.

Result, 85 mph (private road) this morning and I'm pretty much there. Loads of body protection, minimal wind noise and virtually no buffeting. It's not perfection but a major leap forward. There's such a noticeable difference that I got caught out approaching a couple of junctions this morning going a lot faster than I though I was.

Afew pictures if you can please harry and also details of who's deflector is fitted ..............many thanks :152:

Offline VaraGirona

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X Black
  • City / Town: Girona
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 05:48:05 PM »
 :0461:

We are waiting for some pictures and explanation about deflector ...

Thanks
It doesn’t matter the fast you go, but the far you arrive ...

Offline IanM

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • City / Town: Derby
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 07:32:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by Harry H [+]
Us Crosstourer owners are a cut above the riff raft on their GS's don't you know :164:
  LOL!
IanM

Offline redbaron

• Crosstourer Member
  • V 4 ever!
  • Bike: VFR1200X RED
  • City / Town: west-vlaanderen
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 12:05:49 PM »
I also have a deflector mounted.
Works fantastic!