Looks nice in the sun

Views: 310
Posted by: jacob
in: Jacob
C My Red Tourer (5)

Views: 208
Posted by: iec
in: iec

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Improving on headlights  (Read 3162 times)

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200XD white
  • City / Town: Stans
Improving on headlights
« on: July 13, 2012, 08:38:48 PM »
I wanted to do some improving on headlights as i gona do an "IBA SaddleSore 1000" ride in August. This is to give you some infos on what i am gona do to have a bit more light during the night time drives. Just fitted some "OSRAM H7 NightBreaker PLUS" on high beam headlight. It sure improves a lot from standard. Not sure now if i should fit one on low beam too. The changing of the bulbs is very easy actually ... just a matter of minutes :-)
Then i want to fit some Solstice LED 1100 spots, just ordered and keen awaiting them.
Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....
my latest trip: http://www.austral.omania.ch/index.html

Offline CSampaio

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Crosstourer 1200
  • City / Town: Maia
Re: Improving on headlights
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 12:33:08 PM »
 Ojo, why don't you put xenon on the CT? If you use a 4300 kelvin, you will have a lot of light and the cost of that is more or less 20€ on eBay  :169:
[img(121px,110px)][/img]

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 12:52:05 AM »
As from what i read from reviews ... a H7 "xenon" is not a real xenon as it has only "xenon effect" done through a filter ... and (apparently) not really better than for example the "nightbreaker" .... that what i understand anyway. Have you tried them out CSampaio ? It sure would be interesting some more meanings on lights here  :152: .. anybody?
Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....

Offline matchip

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Selangor
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 07:14:22 PM »
I keen to know how the Osram NBP performs. I used the Philips XtremeVision before (not on my CT) and quite satisfied with it, but Osram seems to have more value for money. Tempted to try the Osram on the CT.

Offline IanM

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • City / Town: Derby
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 08:32:26 PM »
I've been using OSRAM Night Racer Plus in my GS, which claim to be a motorcycle specific upgrade bulb.  I have been very impressed with the light output, massively better than the OEM BMW ones, but slightly less impressed with the life which in the low beam (on all the time) has only been about 5,000 miles for each of the last two bulbs.  Main beam, with much less use, still hasn't been replaced.
IanM

Offline Strats

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Modbury
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 11:39:39 PM »
I'm trying "NARVA PLUS 120" at the moment... seem to be doing a good job, at least a huge improvement one standard.

Claims "cut from the website"

The ultimate performance globe with 120% more light
volume for maximum driver vision and safety

• 120% more light on the road*
• Up to 40 metres longer beam
• Suitable for use with polycarbonate headlamps
• No increase in power consumption or heat

Offline CSampaio

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Crosstourer 1200
  • City / Town: Maia
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 10:06:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by ojo [+]
As from what i read from reviews ... a H7 "xenon" is not a real xenon as it has only "xenon effect" done through a filter ... and (apparently) not really better than for example the "nightbreaker" .... that what i understand anyway. Have you tried them out CSampaio ? It sure would be interesting some more meanings on lights here  :152: .. anybody?

Ojo, on my Transalp I have a Night Breaker on the high beam and xenon 4300 kelvins on the low beam, and I'me happy, I've more light than almost of the cars  :169:
[img(121px,110px)][/img]

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 07:22:17 AM »
Thanks for the info CSampaio. Always interesting what the different setups are  :062:

arab-exile