IMG 0761

Views: 36
Posted by: biker1300
in: biker1300
ktm rc8 racer

Views: 266
Posted by: Farway
in: Farway

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Wheelie  (Read 3668 times)

Offline luckyluke

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Bruges
Wheelie
« on: July 12, 2012, 10:42:07 AM »
Hi,

Maybe a stupid question.
But it is possible to do a wheelie with the DCT version of the Crosstourer?
Perhaps with the traction control off?

Grtz,
Luc

Offline Red

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Blankenberge
Re: Wheelie
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 11:54:06 AM »
No stupid question, I was wondering to if that would work  :084:

Offline luckyluke

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 12:02:50 PM »
Each day, around 7:40 to 7:50 I see a red Crosstourer driving direction Sint-Michiels (Bruges). It must be a teacher because he's driving on the parking at school. Now, during the hollidays I can't see him.
Coincidentally not you? If so, try a wheelie.
I still can not try, I will order my Crosstourer after the summer at Joris Sport  :001:

Groetjes vanuit Sint-Michiels, Brugge
Luc

Offline matchip

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Selangor
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 03:19:10 PM »
this will still not answer your question, but if traction control off, DCT still can be set to manual mode, and kick it in while on the 1st gear, the nose should go up - theoretically... but i too wants to know.

the manual CT still can goes up even when the TC is on, well at least for few meters and a feet high.  :001:

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200XD white
  • City / Town: Stans
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 10:02:47 PM »
You can do wheelis on CT even with DCT "automatic" mode. But you must switch off Traction control .... if your on a full throttle start it's easy to get the bike up front ... even on second gear  :305: ... but you sure would have to know what you are doing  :029: ... it's kind of a crazy thing on a heavy bike ;-)
Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....
my latest trip: http://www.austral.omania.ch/index.html

Offline Joler

• Crosstourer Junior
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 12:31:48 PM »
Hi, Luckyluke. Maybe I'm the red crosstourer rider you always see in the morning at Bruges. In fact I am a teacher. You must start as a private investigator! I'm driving the CT with DCT since april. Now he's at the dealer, he's putting on all the accesoires I ordered in january(!). But tonight he'll be ready. So I'll be back in "full force".
I'll put some pics on this site

Offline luckyluke

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 10:14:31 AM »
*Originally Posted by Joler [+]
Hi, Luckyluke. Maybe I'm the red crosstourer rider you always see in the morning at Bruges. In fact I am a teacher. You must start as a private investigator! I'm driving the CT with DCT since april. Now he's at the dealer, he's putting on all the accesoires I ordered in january(!). But tonight he'll be ready. So I'll be back in "full force".
I'll put some pics on this site

Hi Joler,

After the holiday, so from 3 september, I'm going to sound the horn as I pass you in Bruges.
Currently I drive with the Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive. Hopefully this will soon change in a Crosstourer.

And, I'm curious about the pictures.

Groetjes,
Luc

Offline Joler

• Crosstourer Junior
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 05:35:59 PM »
As promised, in attachment some pictures. Wheelie I didn't try yet. The tourer screen is not good. It gives a vibration on your helmet. The exhaust Leo Vince is good. Gives a good sound, torque and horsepower should be a bit more.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 07:13:07 PM by Joler »

arab-exile