IMG 6860

Views: 317
Posted by: oldhand
in: oldhand
IMG 0884 1 EICMA2011

Views: 256
Posted by: Giovannino
in: Giovannino

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fantastic bike!  (Read 2938 times)

Offline matchip

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Selangor
Fantastic bike!
« on: July 10, 2012, 07:51:39 PM »

I just got CT delivered yesterday.  Everything seems to be in perfect harmony. The Akrapovic arrived few days before and my GSG slider ordered from another dealer came on the same day. On that day itself, I have to make a work trip to Thailand and do a travellog shooting for a client. So it's a perfect 'running in' for my CT. It just that the panniers doesn't come punctually with the bike, so I use my VFR1200F top box which we found share the same mounting hole with the CT. It looks as it was built for it. I kinda regret ordering a top box for the CT since I can use the same box for both bikes. I thought I'll give the standard exhaust a weeks trial and see how a standard CT behave, but the Akrapovic is to tempting. Had it fit to audition how she sounds, ended up tightening the bolt forever! Absolutely love what the Akrapovic is signing.

We three, with the other bikes are an F800GS and S10, take a trip to Koh Lanta which is about 900km away from our city. The bike engine runs amazing as I imagine it. Super smooth rev machine and Honda engineer had done a marvelous job on the gearing ratio. I am so pleased. The shaft is much quieter than my VFR1200F. Suspension are spot on for me, I weight 90kg. The tips on the forum about the highest setting on the normal windscreen are great! I simple feel OK with the wind, don't think I would option for a taller screen for now, the standard one looks the best on the CT.

I'm now in Koh Lanta and now doing 1,000km on the CT. It's 2.30am right now and I'll find a workshop just to change the engine oil in the morning. I got 17.2km/l on the average computer trip data. Have to use gasohol in Thailand, most gasoline here are Ron91. We went through a hard pouring rain all the way up to the border, the CT are just cool in the rain. Handles wells and I love how the Pirelli Scorpion Trail feels. Notice that the white and silver colored CT comes with Bridgestone Battlewing. All CT that arrived in our country is a manual transmission. We don't have black yet. But no matter what, I would choose the red. Red are the fastest CT.  :082:

The only thing that I have to get use to the CT are her weight. It's about 8kg heavier that the VFR1200F but the soft suspension and how she is so much taller than the VFR makes me difficult to push or move the bike around. Yup, the weight just went away when she moves, but trying to push reverse the bike with my feet seems take a very big effort to do. I really need to get use to this. My stomach mussel have to work trying to straighten the bike when   parked on the side of a slope road. It remembered me that it felt just as the same trying to straighten up a GSA.

I had to pass through some off road, there's mud and rocks. Slippery and uneven surfaces. The CT handles very well. The front provides a lot of feedbacks, feels it tells you what the road's surface are through the handle bar. Here, I felt how heavy she is, but still, is manageable.

So, for the first 100km, the bike takes me free on the highway. When it reaches 500km, I felt I could try to push bike and see how she top. She did 232km/h, which she is limited to go much faster. My friend on the S10 surely love the Akrapovic sounds on high RPMs when I was passing him. Made him wondering how his S10 sounds like on an Akra. The blast - it just a test to she would she could go. I felt the cruising speed best at 140km/h. By 900km on the clock, she tooks me to all kind of roads, asphalt, tarmac, gravel, mud, rocks, and slippery steel plates on the ferry crossing. It would be an A+ score if I would find an old wooden-ready-to-crumble bridge and a dusty sandy road! And all this in just a day of my CT ownership. What else can I say? Definitely it's a fantastic bike that gave me the best experience I ever had owning a brand new bike! Ordered the bike in January, this means all the 7 months of waiting are damn well paid by just a day on the CT. And I'm owning it as long as I can! Fantastic!

Here are some pics...

Offline IanM

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • City / Town: Derby
Re: Fantastic bike!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 08:03:25 PM »
It sounds like you're enjoying yourself!
And, you're right, red has always been the fastest colour for any VFR! :305:
IanM

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200XD white
  • City / Town: Stans
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 09:37:20 PM »
Congrats there matchip  :305: .... hey first day and already out in dirt  :062:

great pictures too ;-)
Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....
my latest trip: http://www.austral.omania.ch/index.html

Offline Strats

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Modbury
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 11:13:10 PM »
Looks great, the exhaust is the next thing on my list too....

Offline VaraGirona

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X Black
  • City / Town: Girona
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 08:38:22 AM »
That looks great for the first day ...  :008:
It doesn’t matter the fast you go, but the far you arrive ...

Offline peace

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X~RED
  • City / Town: JayBee
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 01:55:32 PM »
Yeah we are under 1 roof now...and smart choice to choose Red CT  :046: how much the akra cost huh?u got a nice top box which match the bike  :062:  check with you your box base plate got how many  bolts n nuts secure to the holder?i get mine free from bike shop from Kappa brand n they just put in 2 botls to secure it as the holder cant match the base plate hole so i just took out the box as suggest by another mechanic coz the box might fall off due to not strong secure...
~Never Ever Give Up~

Offline matchip

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Selangor
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 04:45:34 PM »
Ian, Ojo & VaraGirona, I sure does enjoy every minute of it.

Strats, Akrapovic is poison.  :156:

Peace, I haven't seen or found an image for the top plate for CT yet. But for the VFR plate, the mounting holes are exactly on the same spot. The difference are on the VFR's back plane (not sure what to call it)  it was threaded holes while on the CT is was not. We use a normal screw and double nut to secure it. So all the four wholes are utilized. The missing convenience are that I had to use the VFR key to open it.

Here are some more pics... Hehehe.

I love this one... taken on a low light...

Hope you guys enjoy your CT as much as I do.

Offline jacob

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Windsor
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 09:25:06 AM »
Mate congratulations on you CT and your pictures are excellent - enjoy and keep the ride details and photos coming  :062: :018:
2012 VFR1200X CrossTourer - April 2012 - http://crosstourer.tumblr.com/

arab-exile