ktm rc8 racer

Views: 266
Posted by: Farway
in: Farway
IMG 0782

Views: 94
Posted by: biker1300
in: biker1300

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Journo takes a long term DCT home  (Read 1288 times)

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • CRF1000l Africa Twin
  • Bike: CRF1000l
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire

Offline IanM

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • City / Town: Derby
Re: Journo takes a long term DCT home
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 07:42:43 PM »
So, someone's finally found something a DCT can't do!  Thank goodness for that, those of us who've bought the good old fashioned version with a clutch can rest easy in our beds tonight.   :150:

That's after listening to final qualifying and the first two races from the Southern 100 which is about to start on www.manxradiott365.com
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 07:49:58 PM by IanM »
IanM

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • CRF1000l Africa Twin
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 07:58:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by IanM [+]
So, someone's finally found something a DCT can't do!  Thank goodness for that, those of us who've bought the good old fashioned version with a clutch can rest easy in our beds tonight.   :150:

No he hasn't.....why can't he do it yet?.........because he hasn't tried it yet :305: 

You don't need a clutch lever to walk one up a ramp into a van as you can make it creep forward as slow as you want (just DON'T accidentaly tug the throttle)

There is no way I WOULD ATTEMPT IT ON A PICKUP TRUCK LIKE THAT THOUGH, he might have got it on there with the help of a tail lift but how the heck is he going to get it down again at home?

You keep persuading yourself you actually 'need' a clutch lever Ian while us DCT owners and pillions reap the rewards of our endeavours :063:

T'other Ian :150:

Offline IanM

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • City / Town: Derby
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 08:01:00 PM »
If there'd been a DCT anywhere near me to ride, I would have done so and found out what you lot are all raving about.  Meanwhile, I shall continue to be a luddite and enjoy it - well, I will from next Friday anyway!
IanM

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • CRF1000l Africa Twin
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 08:59:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by IanM [+]
If there'd been a DCT anywhere near me to ride, I would have done so and found out what you lot are all raving about.  Meanwhile, I shall continue to be a luddite and enjoy it - well, I will from next Friday anyway!

At least it might have stopped RAINING by then Ian  :110:

Recent Topics