2012 07 14 09 55 58

Views: 449
Posted by: iec
in: iec
DSC08370

Views: 233
Posted by: voyager888
in: voyager888

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Givi sidecase  (Read 9670 times)

Offline luckyluke

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Bruges
Givi sidecase
« on: July 09, 2012, 02:13:16 PM »
Hi,

I plan to buy a Crosstourer.
Since I doubt between the original Honda cases and cases from Givi I would have more information.
Does anyone have a picture of the back of the Crosstourer with Givi cases? I’m afraid that the distance between the sidecases and the bike is quite large.

Regards,
Luc

Offline Bernie

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: CT, 2012, silver
Givi sidecase
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 03:19:04 PM »
Hi Luc

I hope (!!) to get the mounting support for my 45l Givis by end of next week. Delivery is not yet confirmed.
I'll post some pictures.

I guess, you are right that the whole load will be quite wide. For me and my wife's long tours - up to three weeks - the volume is more important than the look.

Regards, Bernie

Offline luckyluke

• Crosstourer Pro
Re: Givi sidecase
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 03:33:34 PM »
I hope that the distance between the motor and the mounting support is not too far AND is symmetrical. The original Honda sidecases fit nicely against the bike.
I would opt for the smaller (Givi 33L Trekker) sidecases. But this is personal taste.

Regards,
Luc

Offline techno40

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Crosstourer/Red
  • City / Town: Istanbul
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 04:01:42 PM »
Hi Luc,

You could check my Gallery about the Givi cases. I have a 45L topbox and 35L side cases (all Trekker).
There is no big distance in between the bike and the cases.
The only problem that I have; is that when I want to go on and go down to or from the bike. As the side cases are positioned a little bit high (compared to the original ones)  my right foot is hitting to the case handles.
Not a big deal   :158:

Offline Bernie

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: CT, 2012, silver
Givi sidecase
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 04:21:29 PM »
Hi Techno
Do you have experience when riding with a 2nd person on the bike ?
For me it is important, that the handles are fully accessible and that the legs of my pillion are not laying on the boxes.

I'll check the gallery when being at home and having a "right" computer.

Regards, Bernie

Offline Black Bob

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR800X (Black)
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 06:06:53 PM »
After a certain amount of dithering over which panniers to get (the GIVI Trekkers being my other option), I've finally decided on the Honda originals. I'm not really happy with the finish, and I'm certainly not happy with the price; but they are contoured around the bike nicely and they sit quite low on the bike without additional framework. The GIVIs look like they might be uncomfortable for a pillion, although I haven't actually seen the GIVIs to confirm this. On the other hand, I didn't want that awful zipped topbox, so have gone for a Honda box from the Deauville. I'm not happy about the mixture of styles either; but the panniers will only be used for long trips, and I prefer the neat fit and the way they are mounted on the bike.

Offline Vrom

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 04:06:56 AM »
I have a set of GIVI V35 side cases.
I think they fit so well that they allmost look original... for half the price  :152:

Offline luckyluke

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 08:07:53 AM »
Hi,

The original Honda cases fit nicely with the bike. But the top box has that horrible unsafe zipper.
I would like to store 2 helmets and I'm not sure if this is possible with the original Honda topbox . The Trekker 45L topbox can do this without problems.
A mix of Honda side cases and the Givi topbox does not look cool.
And then there's the question of Bernie. I also would like to know the answer.

Regards,
Luc

arab-exile