2012 05 05 23 06 24

Views: 267
Posted by: regis
in: Regis
2012 05 05 23 18 46

Views: 289
Posted by: regis
in: Regis

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Service and Warranty Booklet  (Read 1162 times)

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
Service and Warranty Booklet
« on: June 28, 2012, 01:54:14 PM »
Hi again, as i posted elsewhere on here i received my  shiny new Red CT ON Wednesday 27 June and comparing it to my Brothers week old CT i notice, under the seat on his it contains the "owners manual" and a separate "service and warranty" booklet. My CT only contains the owners manual. Can anyone confirm this on their own CT. I contacted the dealer and his reply was it did'nt come with service book and any service work would be recorded on their  computer system for the future. i think its normal to get a service book for stamping with a new bike? Maby its the dealers way to make me return to them only forever!(my brothers bike came from a different dealer) Thanks :034:   
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline peace

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X~RED
  • City / Town: JayBee
Re: Service and Warranty Booklet
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 02:16:53 PM »
Hey we having the same colour bike  :062: For the warranty booklet you need to get it from Honda as i also only got the manual under my seat...if you want yo get it service else where at the appointed service center then you just get it from honda and each time your servicing the agent need to stamp it as proof otherwise any warranty claim will be problem this was what the SA here told me...so i also need to go back to Honda for my next service as i didnt go and get te warranty card...
~Never Ever Give Up~

Offline VaraGirona

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X Black
  • City / Town: Girona
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 03:46:30 PM »
Hey,
My bike also contains the owners manual under the seat, but my dealer gave me the warranty booklet at the same time they delivered me tha bike.
And I'm sure you need this booklet to stamp the warranty on it when you make the service work on your bike ...
It doesn’t matter the fast you go, but the far you arrive ...

Offline peace

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X~RED
  • City / Town: JayBee
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 02:19:29 PM »
Honda told me no need booklet if i send back there for servicing as they will have record unless if i want to go out other agent service then i need to get the booklet so that they can track the record if want to make any warranty claim
~Never Ever Give Up~

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 09:10:53 PM »
yes Peace, this is the story from my dealer. i took it today for its first service and the dealer gave me a dealer own brand book with a stamp on it and logged the service on their  computer system and told me they can not get a genuine Honda service book. Its a scam to make me come back to them everytime for the warranty period but it wont work because it has soured my loyalty already and as long as i keep to the service intervals and in a approved Honda network the warranty should hold?i have a couple of options so will go this route.
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

arab-exile