Detail logo

Views: 192
Posted by: nxt8generation
in: nxt8generat­ion
VFR1200XD Red

Views: 259
Posted by: Doc
in: Doc

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tank pad  (Read 4366 times)

Offline Southern Man

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer
Tank pad
« on: June 25, 2012, 10:02:38 PM »
Hi All,

Picked up my CT today. Very impressed! I am interested in putting on a tank pad and there is a pic attached of the one I like. Has anyone fitted one and if so, do you have a part number and idea of cost please. Cheers!

Offline MrT

• Crosstourer Junior
Re: Tank pad
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 10:36:46 PM »
I think part number is 08P70-MGH-640 and costs £41.71

Offline Strats

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Modbury
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 10:51:19 PM »
Just under $100 AU :232:

Offline Strider

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer DCT
  • City / Town: Bedford
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 08:56:44 AM »
I have one of these tank pads fitted. It's quite thick and not just a thin sticker. However I've noticed that my jacket doesn't touch the tank so now I'm questioning whether I need it. On my sports bike the riding position was different leaning over the tank to reach the bars. As I'm completely upright riding the CT the need for a tank pad is just cosmetic. I'm 16 stone which is 224 pounds or 101kg, so not a skinny fella by any means. Next time you ride your CT have a look down, hopefully your not as rotund as me.  :300:

Offline Harry H

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 09:13:27 AM »
*Originally Posted by Strider [+]
I have one of these tank pads fitted. It's quite thick and not just a thin sticker. However I've noticed that my jacket doesn't touch the tank so now I'm questioning whether I need it. On my sports bike the riding position was different leaning over the tank to reach the bars. As I'm completely upright riding the CT the need for a tank pad is just cosmetic. I'm 16 stone which is 224 pounds or 101kg, so not a skinny fella by any means. Next time you ride your CT have a look down, hopefully your not as rotund as me.  :300:

Yep, I came to the same conclusion. The tank pad on my Tuono has certainly seem some action but my jacket is no where near the tank on the CT

Offline Southern Man

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 10:20:18 AM »
Thanks guys, much appreciate your help. I will take a good look when I am next aboard. Thank you Mr T for the part number and price. By the way Strider, I'm not far off your build as well!

Offline Strider

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer DCT
  • City / Town: Bedford
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 03:08:11 PM »
well Southern Man, I hope you haven't got my blood pressure!  :031:

Offline AIR4CE1

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 07:21:46 PM »
I also thought my jacket was no where near the tank during riding, until I found a few faint scratches on the tank pad area caused while getting on and off the bike.

The OE tank pad looks ugly, so I fitted a neat generic pad which I trimmed down to size.