Eifel 20130519 3 Forum

Views: 356
Posted by: CrossALL
in: CrossALL
P1020648

Views: 248
Posted by: verde
in: Verde

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fitting electrical accessories  (Read 7154 times)

Offline Harry H

• Crosstourer Pro
Fitting electrical accessories
« on: June 20, 2012, 08:13:26 AM »
I'm about to embark on fitting heated grips and some fog lights. I'm not having Honda products as they're way to expensive.

I'm assuming that the wiring is already there on the bike so it would be good to connect into them.

Has anyone had the fairings off yet and found the connectors for grips and lights. If so a few clues as to where they are would be nice. I'm not strong on auto electrics so any pointers would be good

Ta

Offline Strider

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer DCT
  • City / Town: Bedford
Re: Fitting electrical accessories
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 08:39:58 AM »
Harry, The electrical connector you need for the heated grips is behind the left hand front side panel. you need to undo the two allen head screws. Then there are four plastic push button poppers to remove, two at the top of the inner fairing and two at the bottom. ( you need to push the little tiny circular on the poppers inwards to release them ).
Next you need to push the fairing forward, to do this I found that if you push on the right of the fairing forcing the fairing to move to the left ie: towards the front of the bike. You need to do this to disengage the two hooks that hold the fairing on. It is very easy and I hope I haven't made the job of removing the panel sound difficult.
You will find an empty electrical plug with two switch lives in it, however I think there is a Honda wiring loom that connects to the plug which you may need unless your prepaired to cut the existing plug off and attach your wires to the cut ends. Good Luck Buddy

Offline Strats

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Modbury
Fitting electrical accessories
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 11:51:06 AM »
*Originally Posted by Strider [+]
I think there is a Honda wiring loom that connects to the plug which you may need unless your prepaired to cut the existing plug off and attach your wires to the cut ends

Correct, there is a harness from Honda, and I'd be REALLY CAREFUL about cutting wires in a loom.

Offline peace

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X~RED
  • City / Town: JayBee
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 12:03:34 PM »
 :062:  :062: :062:
~Never Ever Give Up~

Offline Harry H

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 10:13:17 AM »
Thanks Strider;

The plugs you talk of, are they Honda specific or can they be found on the net. I don't fancy cutting off things  :005:

Anyone found the wiring for the spot lamps ?

Offline Strider

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 04:07:15 PM »
The spare plug with the switched lives in it would seem to be a Honda specific plug. You would be a wise man if you purchased the wire from Honda that plugs into this plug, then you could attach your grips very easily.
look at this picture. The wire thats coming out of the plug is the wire I fitted to my satnav. Your plug will be empty. The plug has little black rubber bungs in the ends to keep the plug waterproof. I hope this helps you.  :490:

Offline Harry H

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 04:14:49 PM »
So how do you know which pin/wire is for which accessory or doesn't it matter ?

Offline Strider

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 04:28:05 PM »
I don't think it matters as both the switched lives are the same amps and both are 12v. ( unless anyone knows different )
Here is another picture of the Plug from a different angle.