2012 05 05 23 04 17

Views: 248
Posted by: regis
in: Regis
Silhouet 2

Views: 31975
Posted by: Nickel
in: Nickel

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Michelin Anakee  (Read 3116 times)

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200XD white
  • City / Town: Stans
Michelin Anakee
« on: June 13, 2012, 08:53:46 PM »
I just mounted brandnew Michelin Anakee tyres. I liked them very much on my travel on good old AfricaTwin bike. They performed great in the outback Australia and overland roads there so thought to give it a try at my cheeky CT beast  :305:

Dont ask me yet how the perform ... next drive depending much on the weather too ....  it was raining pretty hard the last few days  :157:

The first set of Bridgestone tyres got me 9200km's and were almost at the end, though not at the limit yet. I decided to change them anyway.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 09:00:17 PM by ojo »
Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....
my latest trip: http://www.austral.omania.ch/index.html

Offline Africajim

• Crosstourer Member
Re: Michelin Anakee
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 11:04:01 PM »
Good choice.
I've ran Anakee 2's on my Triumph Tiger and my Varadero, very confidence inspiring tyres, wet or dry. The tread pattern is aggressive enough for traction on rough ground and the compound is soft enough to grip until the pegs touch the ground.
I'll be replacing my Bridgestones with Anakee 2's as soon as they are done.

Offline jacob

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Windsor
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 07:15:05 AM »
Hi ojo
what tyre pressures are you running in the Anakee 2's and how do you find them at speed on the tar given the heavier CT than your Africa Twin?
Also how much mud, gravel and sand did you travel through with these tyres on your last trip ?
Thanks ... Jacob
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 08:47:05 AM by jacob »
2012 VFR1200X CrossTourer - April 2012 - http://crosstourer.tumblr.com/

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200XD white
  • City / Town: Stans
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 02:00:17 PM »
Hi Jacob ... just seen the post again ... i think i have about 2.8 Bar pressure on rear tyre now - on CT. Setup is for two on the bike and with all the luggage. Your question about the gravel ... we probably done around 3000km's on "dirt roads" (Great central road or around Mt. Augustus WA) so with all the load i never had a "problem" about grip or such. Fortunately we have not been much in mud or heavy sand, ... well sand is another problem as you'd loose grip on any tyre i think.
Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....
my latest trip: http://www.austral.omania.ch/index.html

Offline XCrosstourerRider

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Gezina
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 07:44:36 PM »
Hi there

I am from South Africa and are about to replace my Pirelli Tyres with Michelin Anakee 2, I have done 10000 km on the tyres. The front tyre lost its rubber in a very awkward way, I will post Photos of it at a later stage in order to get your opinion on why it happened.

arab-exile