Hotel3

Views: 134
Posted by: Austria1
in: Austria1
20120523 143748 (640x480)

Views: 224
Posted by: dentonlad
in: dentonlad

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: staying logged in?  (Read 1588 times)

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • CRF1000l Africa Twin + VFR1200X DCT
  • Bike: CRF1000+VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
staying logged in?
« on: June 12, 2012, 07:56:47 PM »
How do you set it up so that you can stay logged in (say for a period of 1 week)

Only been here a few days and I am fed up logging in every visit already

Cheers
Ian

Offline Red

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Blankenberge
Re: staying logged in?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 08:30:27 PM »
hey Scotsy
normally when you log in there is a little white square "stay logged in" just under where you enter your password.
you need to click on that square
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 08:31:59 PM by Red »

Offline Crosstourer

• Forum Help & Support
  • Crosstourer Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 08:51:02 PM »
Yep, do what Red says but use the main login page that you get from the link on the main menu (not the one top right).

Its the same link as this:

https://www.crosstourer.com/index.php?action=login

Tick the box as indicated.

To some extent it depends on how you have your browser setup and you certainly need cookies enabled.

:821:

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • CRF1000l Africa Twin + VFR1200X DCT
  • Bike: CRF1000+VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 09:31:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by Red [+]
hey Scotsy
normally when you log in there is a little white square "stay logged in" just under where you enter your password.
you need to click on that square

I see, while i was away doing a 'prt sc' and hosting a pic someone else has answered but i might as well post it anyway in case anyone else needs to know.

When you are not logged in there are 2 blacked out boxes at the top right corner of the screen to put in your username and password but there is nothing there to 'TICK' to stay logged in and i couldn't find anything on the forum so that is why i asked in the 'troubles' section. Anyway i hadn't even realised there was another 'button' called login, it seems a bit strange to have 2 x locations on the same visible page but only 1 x has the option to 'stay logged in'

I have now ticked the box so my hatred of keep logging in is no longer a problem, thanks for the prompt replies

Ian

Offline Crosstourer

• Forum Help & Support
  • Crosstourer Member
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 09:43:34 PM »
...it seems a bit strange to have 2 x locations on the same visible page but only 1 x has the option to 'stay logged in'

Sure, does sound a bit silly, the one top right is just a quick login box that doesn't have the ability to set the cookie logged in time. I tend to use that as I always use the "logout" button when leaving for security reasons. Other sare quite happy to stay "logged in".

Bear in mind that if you stay logged in then you won't see topics that are since last visit as the system will assume you've always been online.

arab-exile