IMG 1203

Views: 144
Posted by: andyrob
in: andyrob
20140528 202136

Views: 502
Posted by: Farway
in: Farway

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Greetings from South Africa!  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Joos Botha

• Crosstourer Junior
Greetings from South Africa!
« on: June 07, 2012, 06:52:51 PM »
Hallo Honda fans.
I have two BMW's a 2011 F800GS anniversary edition and a 2007 R1200GSA so I am most likely an alien on this forum.
I am nevertheless very interested in the Crosstourer since Honda is renowned for quality.
In RSA road tests revealed two aspects: Performance via the V4 and very poor quality panniers and topbox. Any feedback on the latter, perhaps comments from Honda or aftermarket alternatives?
Regards

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Re: Greetings from South Africa!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 07:37:53 PM »
 :400:  to the forum.

The Crosstourer has one awesome engine - a bit more up-to-date than the Boxer. There are other threads to talk about the luggage.

Offline Strats

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Modbury
Greetings from South Africa!
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 07:42:57 PM »
I have the genuine luggage and am more than happy with it.

Offline Eltar

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Fazer 8 '14
  • City / Town: Istanbul
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 08:05:49 PM »
Well about the panniers: I dont believe they are poor quality. They fit the bike very well, both visually and you get to keep your bike as narrow as possible (some care about it, I do, for ex). But the thing is: Honda asks for a lot of bucks for the bang, so there are other alternatives, like Hepco Beckers, which a few owners have opted for ( I will still get the original panniers).

The top box, imho, is a (slightly) different story. We wont be hiding gold in it, but still, it could be more secure. And there are issues, reported somewhere but NOT on this forum about water leakage. Not a single complaint from an owner here on this community yet as far as I know.

I will probably get the Honda panniers and Hepco Becker Alu or Xplorer topcase. Thats just me tho, I'm far from being the expert here.

We are also trying to come up with a general idea as to which screen would fit the best. No clear conclusion yet (you can check the threads) but we are ahead of where we started on the matter  :038:

V4 rocks. Thats agreed on, without a single exception.

:400: to the forums. I hope you will enjoy it AND your future Honda  :001:
average on my VFR1200X

Bikes owned: CBF250 - '08 V-Strom DL650 - '09 ST1300 Pan European - '13 VFR1200X - '14 Fazer 8

Offline Red

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Blankenberge
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 08:44:47 PM »
 :400: Joos to the forum

Offline Freaky

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: XL1000V Varadero
  • City / Town: Singapore
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 03:58:36 AM »
 :400: :400: Joo.. Greetings from Singapore..

With regards to the topbox and side panniers, personal preferences will deffer among individuals but not an issue as there are lots of other make to suit ones need on lookk, space and rigidity.
Most important of all, Great engine, Great fuel consumption despite the small tank and comfortable riding. Not once in this forum did anyone complain on these major stuffs unlike other branding forum.

Just my 2 cents worth.

:821:

Offline jacob

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Windsor
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 09:01:07 AM »
Hi Joos and welcome to the forum
the v4 is fantastic, the fuel range is improving every ride, I think on two reasons, 1 - I am screwing the throttle less often but it IS a lot of fun and 2 - the engine is running in
on the luggage I have gone for the Hepco Becker Xplorer 40l panniers and 45l top box for me they gave me what I wanted
enjoy the forum ... Jacob  :018:
2012 VFR1200X CrossTourer - April 2012 - http://crosstourer.tumblr.com/

arab-exile