IMG 0438

Views: 626
Posted by: Min
in: Min
C My Red Tourer (6)

Views: 204
Posted by: iec
in: iec

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: First service over.  (Read 2088 times)

Offline Africajim

• Crosstourer Member
First service over.
« on: June 02, 2012, 03:57:14 PM »
 Well, that's the first 600 miles in and round to Willie Young Motorcycles in Elgin today for its first service. Oil and filter changed, bike inspected, first service done! "How much do I owe you for that sir?" "first service is free Jim!" "Excellent!" Next service 8000 miles but Willie says best change the oil at 4k, so I'll go with that.

Oh the relief of being back to Honda!

The one and only complaint I have about the bike is an easy fix, it needs a touring screen. The standard screen is no good, on low it focuses the wind blast in my neck and on high setting hits me right in the face. I'll fit a touring one asap and let you know what I think.

Fuelwise, I'm getting over 200 miles to a tank and refills around the 20 litre mark, more or less.

I've been playing with the suspension settings today, I've softened the front preload and let off some damping and the rear I've hardened and let off some damping so hopefully see the bike settling down and a bit less bouncy. So to sum it up, so far I'm delighted with the Crosstourer and hope to add some bling in the near future. Twomain thoughts as I ride the bike are "oh my giddy aunt" and "sweet Jesus!"

P.S.
My Tiger's still in the shop, not fixed! That'll be six weeks now!

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Re: First service over.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 09:01:38 PM »
My service was €165, not bad, but not free - sounds like a good dealer.

I changed to the Honda touring screen but it still needs a bit more height. Looking at either Aerotrim or Givi.

Offline Strats

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Modbury
First service over.
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 09:37:21 PM »
I agree.  Have never had a free first service, that would be nice.

Offline Strider

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer DCT
  • City / Town: Bedford
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 09:49:17 PM »
Some people on this forum are telling me that the Honda touring screen isn't much better than the standard one. ho dear, I've ordered and paid for mine  :019:

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 09:56:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by Strider [+]
Some people on this forum are telling me that the Honda touring screen isn't much better than the standard one. ho dear, I've ordered and paid for mine  :019:

I think a little aerofoil thing will cure the buffeting. Cheaper than a new screen, and you can change the angle.
The Givi screen is 107€.

Offline Strider

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer DCT
  • City / Town: Bedford
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 11:10:10 PM »
I need to give this some thought. not sure where I can buy a spoiler thing yet.

Offline Nikkis Husband

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: Crosstourer SE
  • City / Town: Thetford
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 08:39:51 PM »
Free first service?  Blimey.  Mine was £100 on the nose, which I was advised is 'the standard' first service charge!   :157:

(I'll be buying a MRA vario screen as soon as they're released 'cause I had them on both my Transalp and my VFR800, and they were great.)
Light travels faster than sound; this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak....

arab-exile