IMG 0818

Views: 68
Posted by: Min
in: Min
Cime de la Bonette 2803 m

Views: 157
Posted by: zolive38
in: zolive38

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: estonian member, ramli  (Read 1637 times)

Offline ramli

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: Kawa GPZ1100
estonian member, ramli
« on: June 01, 2012, 04:29:11 PM »
Hello all,
not an owner yet. Can not make my mind... it's a horrible state! :087:

I am coming from a Kawa's GPZ1100 sport-tourer which, though old, is great bike itself but has made my back hurt lately. So had a plans to move to the more upright position and thought about tourers like a Norge and GTR or big enduros.
Had a ride on a Honda demo days and was mesmerized by the crosstourer. It has suited me like a glove (well, minor adjustments on rear brake ergos needed), loved the position, loved the engine, loved the manoeuvrability on slow turns. In a 25 minute ride had emotions so high I was unable to notice any negatives. Now, demo days are over and the same bike is available for me with a good price, it has about 2200km on it. Dealer basically is waiting for me to pull the trigger, don't know how long.
What's the problem, you ask? Beacause I am an  :112: … Would like to test two other bikes I kind of like by the info I have – obvious contender is Explorer and another is the Guzzi Stelvio. Haven't sat on either and it turned out to be difficult to arrange here too. Guzzi dealer is waiting for the Stelvio NTX to arrive by the end of next week and offered a test ride, but it is the whole week and maybe more to wait. May as well loose my chance on CT by then.
Stumbled upon a GS, tried it out. Wasn't impressed at all, but it might be because I was already tuned to not to be :008:.

What to do, what to do :157: :157: …... what do I wait, what do I wait … should call my dealer on Monday :157: :157:

Ilmar
Ilmar

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Re: estonian member, ramli
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 05:15:06 PM »
Ilmar,
It's not easy choosing a new bike. The only way to decided which bike is the right one for you is to ride them all if you can. One of them you will fall in love with - like I did with the Crosstourer DCT in silver.

We (all the CT owners on this forum) have provided a lot of information over the past few months, and some bikes (like Ojo's) will soon be reaching 10,000km. There are no problems with the bike, and everyone is now sorting out all the little extras thay want to make their bike 'perfect'.

I have been a Honda man now since 1979, when I bought a blue CB250NA, and after about 15 Honda's, not one has ever let me down. Of all the motorcycle manufacturers, Honda is without doubt the most reliable.

But reliabilty is not always what is required by a rider. The look of the bike, the sound of the bike, handling, economy, acceleration, comfort, and not to forget the purchase and resale price - these are all factors that we need to consider, and they play a major role in us making our final choice.

The choice is yours - now go and buy that bloody Crosstourer before it's gone  :028:

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200XD white
  • City / Town: Stans
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 06:16:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by Doc [+]

.... The choice is yours - now go and buy that bloody Crosstourer before it's gone  :028:
... yes  :008:  ... hey i can only second that  :305:

And  :400: to the forum Ramli  :305:
Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....
my latest trip: http://www.austral.omania.ch/index.html

Offline Red

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Blankenberge
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 06:28:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by ojo [+]

.... The choice is yours - now go and buy that bloody Crosstourer before it's gone  :028:
... yes  :008:  ... hey i can only second that  :305:

And  :400: to the forum Ramli  :305:
Me to
And :400: to the forum  :152:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 09:23:04 AM by Red »

Offline Eltar

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Fazer 8 '14
  • City / Town: Istanbul
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 10:19:57 PM »
First things first:  :400: to the forum.

Now, I also am not an owner yet. I have been here on this forum for some time now, and I can say the following: The bike is almost perfect according to owners experiences so far. You already tested the bike and say you loved it, I would say dont delay more than you have to. You probably wont regret it... let alone regret, you probably will agree its an outstanding bike.

Love is in the air, dont miss your chance  :164:
average on my VFR1200X

Bikes owned: CBF250 - '08 V-Strom DL650 - '09 ST1300 Pan European - '13 VFR1200X - '14 Fazer 8

Offline ramli

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: Kawa GPZ1100
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 09:20:19 AM »
thanks for the welcome

have crossed  :016: down one competitor for myself and now it is CT vs Stelvio. Pro Stelvio speaks that it is not a first year model anymore and is tweaked to be better and better during years without major fails, as I have read. And there is that magical Guzzi fun and personality that many of owners talk about - would like to find out what is that, might I like that even more than I already loved my test ride on a Crosstourer (rhetorical question for myself :155:)?
But it is true what Doc says - there are already quite many CT owners with decent mileage who prove that Honda has done it right from the start.

now, looking what I wrote in my first post myself ... do not understand what have I  waited for :138:
Ilmar

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 09:17:19 PM »
Ilmar,
Go and get that CT - you know it makes sense.

:028:

PS. The Stelvio is a mountain pass, not a bike.

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200XD white
  • City / Town: Stans
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 10:46:51 PM »
Ilmar,

PS. The Stelvio is a mountain pass, not a bike.
:745:   :047:
Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....
my latest trip: http://www.austral.omania.ch/index.html

Recent Topics