1000 km Service

Views: 1057
Posted by: Doc
in: Doc
IMG 1196

Views: 168
Posted by: operatorius.lt
in: operatorius.lt

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: I've joined the gang  (Read 6921 times)

Offline Harry H

• Crosstourer Pro
I've joined the gang
« on: May 31, 2012, 10:08:48 AM »

Yep, I put my money where my mouth is and picked up my bike yesterday.

Couldn't make my mind up between black and silver. Went for silver only to find they couldn't get stock so Black it was. Added the Ornament bars ( lawyers  :112:) just to break all that black up and I'm chuffed to bits. It looks the dogs dagglies as far as I'm concerned.

Other options were, centre stand and touring screen which is quite frankly rubbish.Body protection fine but waaaay to much buffeting.

I've had a GS1200 and Guzzi Stelvio before. Both great bikes but the Honda is in a different league it's a 30 year newer design and by golly it feels it. Tried the Explorer but the Honda is just more polished in every respect. I must have read virtually every review out there before purchase and the only complaint any journalist picked up that I think is valid is the stretch between 1st and 2nd gear but I'm sure even that I'll soon just ride around and forget about.

I'm not even convinced they've got the scales right. Officially it's the heaviest bike but it certainly doesn't feel it. Where all that weight is I've no idea :187:

Things to buy

Fender extender and rear hugger, any suggestions welcome ?
Another screen. Solved this anyone?
Top box. The Honda stuff is too expensive and too plastic.

I am one happy bunny.... Two days in the office then 4 days with the bank holidays to go out and play :046: :046:

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Re: I've joined the gang
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 11:33:54 AM »
  :400:  and congrats on the bike - she is the best.

I'm not even convinced they've got the scales right. Officially it's the heaviest bike but it certainly doesn't feel it. Where all that weight is I've no idea

It's a really hush-hush project, so keep it quiet, but Honda are using a new anti-gravity device than only operates above 5 mph. That's why the bike feels so light on the move. Official (secret) figures show the standing weight as 275kilos, but over 5 mph, the weight drops to 200 kilos - awesome system. But like I said, keep it quiet for now.  :016:

Offline Eltar

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Fazer 8 '14
  • City / Town: Istanbul
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 11:47:15 AM »
As starters:  :400: to the forum.

I believe user complaints are what actually decides ifthe bike is good or not. So far, the CT users here are simply in love with their bikes. I am sure you wont be an exception  :001:

More than one member here have opted for Hepco-Becker Xplorer cases. You can check those online. I am still undecided about which cases I will go for when I get my bike. The originals may have some drawbacks, but they fit so neatly its like a natural extension of the bike.

Screen is still an issue for some owners. Those who have already come up with their answers will inform you I guess.

:400: again.
average on my VFR1200X

Bikes owned: CBF250 - '08 V-Strom DL650 - '09 ST1300 Pan European - '13 VFR1200X - '14 Fazer 8

Offline Red

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Blankenberge
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 11:54:07 AM »
Yes  :400: to the Forum
She looks good in black to
And Eltar was faster then me to say that Hepco-Becker Xplorer looks good on the ct :232:

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200XD white
  • City / Town: Stans
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 01:02:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by Harry H [+]

Another screen. Solved this anyone?
.. how tall are you? A screen spoiler might be the answer:
https://www.crosstourer.com/index.php/topic,1037.msg10939.html#msg10939

Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....
my latest trip: http://www.austral.omania.ch/index.html

Offline Harry H

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 01:15:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by ojo [+]

.. how tall are you? A screen spoiler might be the answer:
https://www.crosstourer.com/index.php/topic,1037.msg10939.html#msg10939

I'm 6ft.. Might give that aerotrim thing ago as it's cheap and I don't mind ###izing the Honda touring screen as it's about as much use as a chocolate tea pot. The buffeting even with ear plugs just gives me a headache  :087:

Who the bloody hell designs these screens. I'm convinced the manufacturers are only concerned with how they look on the showroom floor regardless as to whether they work or not. I can't believe a company the size of Honda doesn't have access to a wind tunnel which would sort the issue in about five minutes. Instead they leave it up to us poor punters to solve it via trail and error and loads of cash :157: :157:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 01:19:55 PM by Harry H »

Offline Mister B

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: white 1200XT.DCT
  • City / Town: Morecambe Bay
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 07:32:09 PM »
Hi Harry H    ,and :400: to the wonderfull world of CT's... There are rumours on here that the CT is fitted with an anti gravity device with all this new technology  ,hence its light feel.    .. I have just fitted the Wunderlich vario ergo  screen extender  and will report when I get back from my Europe trip... Givi will shortly release a touring screen (bigger than the Honda one)    and I am using one of their 45ltr   TRECKER top box ....This fits very well and looks great on the bike,its also very strongly made.. They will have a side fitting kit soon to take their range.. For a rear Hugger try Pyramid  plastics ,,,their products are pretty well thought of in the trade and are just becoming available for the CT.  Best wishes and enjoy :046:.

Offline Strider

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer DCT
  • City / Town: Bedford
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 07:57:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by Harry H [+]
journalist picked up that I think is valid is the stretch between 1st and 2nd gear but I'm sure even that I'll soon just ride around it

Welcome to the forum Harry H, I've got the black CT and I love it. I agree what you say about the screen.

Can you explaine what you mean about the stretch between 1st and 2nd gears. ??  :435:

arab-exile