In the Eifel

Views: 321
Posted by: luckyluke
in: Luckyluke
IMG 1108

Views: 272
Posted by: andyrob
in: andyrob

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Lower seat  (Read 14370 times)

Offline Dan

• Crosstourer Junior
Lower seat
« on: May 22, 2012, 11:02:19 PM »
Hello!
This is my first post, besides the introduction in the  "new members area"
I ordered a vfr1200xd today after test riding a 1200x. It was great! The only problem is that im vertically challenged and I can barely touch the ground when im on the bike. Anybody that knows where i can get a lower seat?

Regards Dan

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200XD white
  • City / Town: Stans
Re: Lower seat
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 08:36:22 AM »
Hi Dan congrats to your new beast  :062:
I think it wont be easy to "create" a much lower seat. The existing one is already pretty shallow. Well, the bike is very good balanced and has low center of gravity so you might just get used to it  :305:
Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....
my latest trip: http://www.austral.omania.ch/index.html

Offline Dan

• Crosstourer Junior
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 08:51:47 AM »
Hi Ojo!
My dealer told me that Honda will produce a lower seat in the near future. Maybe best to wait for that one.

Offline CSampaio

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Crosstourer 1200
  • City / Town: Maia
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 05:13:44 PM »
Hi Dan!

I think you can solve that using a seat from Topsellerie or from Bagster, but I don't know if they allready have it produced for the CT

Regards
[img(121px,110px)][/img]

Offline Mister B

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: white 1200XT.DCT
  • City / Town: Morecambe Bay
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 07:57:18 PM »
I think waiting for honda to do something is probably best... There are a lot of custom upholsterers out there who may be able to find you 15-20mm reduction in seat height ,also some suspension whiss kid may be able to advise on lowering the bike ,but I think that requires great care and knowledge  and may have warranty/insurance issues.... How challenged are you,I am 1.73 ,with a leg of  76cms and have no problems getting my feet down enough ... Final thought ---try thicker soles on your boots!!!

Offline Dan

• Crosstourer Junior
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 11:18:36 PM »
 :431:
*Originally Posted by CSampaio [+]
Hi Dan!

I think you can solve that using a seat from Topsellerie or from Bagster, but I don't know if they allready have it produced for the CT

Regards
Thanks, topsellerie has a saddle for vtf1200x, since I dont have flashplayer on my ipad i have wait until i get to a proper computer before i can check out the options.

Offline Dan

• Crosstourer Junior
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 11:23:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by Mister B [+]
I think waiting for honda to do something is probably best... There are a lot of custom upholsterers out there who may be able to find you 15-20mm reduction in seat height ,also some suspension whiss kid may be able to advise on lowering the bike ,but I think that requires great care and knowledge  and may have warranty/insurance issues.... How challenged are you,I am 1.73 ,with a leg of  76cms and have no problems getting my feet down enough ... Final thought ---try thicker soles on your boots!!!
Thanks, yes i wont fiddle with the suspension on a brand new bike thats under warranty. Im 3 cm taller than you, really not sure how long the leg is, will have to measure it out  :169: Since im not used to heavy, big cc bikes i thought that it would be better to be able to plant the feet properly on the ground.

Offline Dan

• Crosstourer Junior
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 07:15:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by CSampaio [+]
Hi Dan!

Regards

Had a chance to look at their options for the crosstourer, they look freaking awesome
http://www.topsellerie.com/en-se/HONDA-CROSSTOURER-VFR-1200-X-seats-petrol-tank-covers-tank-bags-motorbike_5_854.html

arab-exile