Blackberry photos 055

Views: 158
Posted by: Capt.Caveman
in: Capt.Caveman
IMG 0811

Views: 196
Posted by: Min
in: Min

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Video / Camcorder + Mountings  (Read 2368 times)

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Video / Camcorder + Mountings
« on: May 19, 2012, 04:48:41 PM »
Today, I tried to make a video using my Panasonic HDC-SD99 HD Camcorder - it was a total failure  :003:

I mounted the camera on the bars and it was looking through the screen. The vibration through the bars was terrible and the screen distorted the picture really badly. Looking through the screen is out!

I think the only solution is a GoPro Hero HD 2. I think I will have to mount it on the side panel.

Has anyone made any videos yet?
Does anyone have a GoPro mounted on their bike or helmet?

Offline Mister B

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: white 1200XT.DCT
  • City / Town: Morecambe Bay
Re: Video / Camcorder + Mountings
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 06:56:02 PM »

Doc....THis often happens  with video cameras etc .,one of their main problems is that because they have quite a mass they are very prone to set up their own uncontrolled vibration/momentum .... Also the shutter on these cameras does not respond well to movement  on a bike... The advantage of the go pro is its relatiely low mass and a more friendly shutter mechanism,I think it may also have some anti movement software included... If you are after serious bike photograpy check out the better systems based on a 'bullet ' camera .. Easily discretely mounted and of very low mass.. THe class leader is the ....  Vio  Pov hd unit  ,best place to see is on the  Dog
cam web site    www.dogcamsport.co.uk         ..it is expensive  but is good,,,they also have a cheaper generic version ....  A major plus of the Vio is that it does  a permanent rolling record   ...ie when switched on it can continuosly record  several minutes  in its memory so that if you have just passed something you wished you had recorded  so long as you press the cecord button  the previous 2 minutes or so (you can set a time scale) will be on file ,so there is no nead to go back.... Some people use them as a ' black box , type of record!!!!  ..The go pro is being reported as attracting the attention of police etc particularly in the biking situation ..... A bullet cam  head can be discretely hidden..  Hope this is of help     

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 12:42:24 PM »
Thanks Mister B.
I like the POV HD system. It's the same price as my HD Camcorder, so affordable. I think I'll sell my HD camcorder and get a POV HD camera. The motorsports version can be connected to my headset too.

It would be really nice to be able to produce some quality videos. I think it is a long-term project for me to get a system up and running for the bike. I would like to document my ride on the Route Grand Alps, which I am going to push back into next year as my new house is draining all my money away. Time to generate some cash - without doing overtime.

Thanks again for the info.

Doc

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 03:33:13 PM »
I am thinking that crash bars may be the ideal mounting place for a camcorder. The only issue is vibration. Any ideas?

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 08:45:13 PM »
I just fitted my little TZ10 to the side of the bike and this was the result of the little test:
http://youtu.be/-ORHeE8mwAE
Not that good. :003:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 08:49:12 PM by Doc »

Offline Eltar

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Fazer 8 '14
  • City / Town: Istanbul
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 08:54:54 PM »
It isn't that good yea.. What did you use to mount the camera on the bike? Maybe that makes a differance? Just saying...

I just checked your older videos. If its the same mounting device, it sure is not the source of the issue here...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 08:58:45 PM by Eltar »
average on my VFR1200X

Bikes owned: CBF250 - '08 V-Strom DL650 - '09 ST1300 Pan European - '13 VFR1200X - '14 Fazer 8

Offline CSampaio

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Crosstourer 1200
  • City / Town: Maia
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 06:57:16 PM »
Doc,

on my Transalp I've a Ram Mount on the andlebar, and it work perfectly. The Ram Mount have rubber on the ball, and it don't let the camera shake, well it allways shake a litlle bit but nothing to much.  :018:

Please check this videos I've made with a Sony DSC TX5 camera http://youtu.be/MmeoIVXzPhA

Regards
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 07:02:35 PM by CSampaio »
[img(121px,110px)][/img]

Offline Freaky

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: XL1000V Varadero
  • City / Town: Singapore
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 09:30:27 AM »
Guys, check out www.tachyoninc.com/ price is cheaper than GoPro.

:821:

arab-exile