DSC 2280

Views: 145
Posted by: LP
in: LP
2012 03 31 10 09 28

Views: 272
Posted by: regis
in: Regis

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: CROSSTOURER FORUM GONE QUIET  (Read 4111 times)

Offline AIR4CE1

• Crosstourer Member
CROSSTOURER FORUM GONE QUIET
« on: May 18, 2012, 08:21:30 PM »
In the beginning, there was much anticipation and banter pending the arrival of the Crosstourer.

When the bikes arrived, there were many comparisons between the CT and opposition.  :051:

Then there was the issue of the loose steering head-bearing and minor paint defect on the right side of the radiator. These are the only recorded complaints against the Crosstourer on this forum, and not even talked about anymore !!

Has this CT Forum become neglected because everybody is out on the roads on their wonderful Crosstourers ?  :169:

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Re: CROSSTOURER FORUM GONE QUIET
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 08:46:15 PM »
You are right, it is quiet.

There was lots of anticipation, comparisons, etc, - but now most of us are riding our bikes, and there are no problems - did we expect it to be any different. The steering head bearing 'problem' was short-lived, and the paint 'defect' wasn't a defect at all. Has anyone else found a problem, because I haven't.

Wait, yes I have a problem, a design fault:

The DCT cover will not let me fit a crash bar on the right hand side.  :232:  The right-hand bolt is covered.

Oh well, guess crashing is out.  :745:   That's it, I'm out of faults now.

I think the main areas for conversation will be accessories and modifications, because it will be a few years before our bikes start getting older and requiring a bit more TLC.

PS. I know it won't be a problem to fit a bracket - but I wanted to post my 500th posting! Oops, need one more!  :232:
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 08:50:56 PM by Doc »

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200XD white
  • City / Town: Stans
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 08:59:01 PM »
Talking about Crashbar ... i am actually .. at the moment not too keen to mount one .... I don't like the shape of the ones available so far ... and i hope i would not "crash" the bike anyway  :005:

So for the forum .. yes it's a bit quiet ... but that may change any time  :018:
Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....
my latest trip: http://www.austral.omania.ch/index.html

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 09:08:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by ojo [+]
Talking about Crashbar ... i am actually .. at the moment not too keen to mount one .... I don't like the shape of the ones available so far ... and i hope i would not "crash" the bike anyway  :005:

So for the forum .. yes it's a bit quiet ... but that may change any time  :018:

I'm not too keen on crash bars either - but as I'm not going off-road, hopefully I won't crash so quickly.

Honda don't call their lamp holder a crash bar either - it's an ornamental... whatever.

It will be interesting to see what happens when a Crosstourer is dropped when fitted with all the anti-crash/damage accessories.  :084:  Hopefully, not much will happen, and it will just be picked up and ridden away. 
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 09:30:08 PM by Doc »

Offline Mister B

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: white 1200XT.DCT
  • City / Town: Morecambe Bay
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 09:51:01 PM »
Doc , the Honda  light bar ( or whatever the Legals or health and safety police want us to call it ) on the RH side in fact fits just above the crease line in the 'DCT' cover plate  to the bolt that can be seen  with what looks like a plastic spacer fitting ,, it also utilises the smaller plugged hole just in front of it ....All very strange!!Wish I could fathom out how to attach a picture ,but keep getting the message that my file is too big ......Finally just another Honda moan...there are no clutch fluid filters available in the UK till 1 June  (unless someone knows something different) :232: :232: :232: :157: :157:  so my 1st service has been cancelled  and if I now put on excess miles it is at my own risk ,so the bike is cofined to the garage for 2 weeks ,,b---------r.....   A service will be a close run thing as I am on the ferry to Rotterdam on the 4th :005:    Just how difficult was it for the illustrious bean counters at Head Office to work out that from their orders/sales they would require a certain number of filters to satisfy first services that would surely come in short order after purchase!!!!!!Perhaps  they think that it cant be that good that we would want to ride it now that the calendar says Summer is here!!!!!!!!

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200XD white
  • City / Town: Stans
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 12:52:46 AM »
*Originally Posted by Mister B [+]
......Finally just another Honda moan...there are no clutch fluid filters available in the UK till 1 June  (unless someone knows something different) :232: :232: :232: :157: :157:  so my 1st service has been cancelled  and if I now put on excess miles it is at my own risk ,so the bike is cofined to the garage for 2 weeks ,,b---------r.....   A service will ......

I been just with my mecanic on first service many weeks ago ... he did not have a clutch fluid filter ready (at the time) either ... BUT what he told me (and he is a very experienced ... been there done that kind of guy) ... so he told me that he would not at all worry about not to change the filter anyway. As it's just a small one that comes "after" the normal filter in the oil flow ... and its an "open" filter where you could see that it had no real soiling on it yet (1000km) .. sure nothing to worry about here i reckon.
Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....
my latest trip: http://www.austral.omania.ch/index.html

Offline Mister B

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: white 1200XT.DCT
  • City / Town: Morecambe Bay
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 09:02:46 AM »
Thanks Ojo , thats a very interesting replyas it looks like we are using the same mechanic!!!....its a long ride for you to Chester  to do that ...... He, also, is very experianced with bikes  (30+ years) and has raced at club leval ,and said exactly the same thing --- , no worries!!............ I wonder, though, what the bean counters would say if the bike came to a halt with strange noises whilst still wearing its  'old' filter ???    Sod it --,i'm going for a ride........
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 11:55:14 AM by Mister B »

Offline Crosstourer

• Forum Help & Support
  • Crosstourer Member
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 09:49:48 PM »
Has this CT Forum become neglected because everybody is out on the roads on their wonderful Crosstourers ?

Actually looking at the stats it looks like May will be similar to April in many areas, but actual numbers online are up this month.

Whats evident is that many people are actually viewing as guests, and not as joined up members. Consequently, these people are reading the banter but not actually posting.

At least we are No1 in Google now for the term "Crosstourer" - that's even ahead of Honda lol  :152:

That might attract more members.

:821:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 09:54:40 PM by Crosstourer »

Recent Topics