IMG 1208

Views: 135
Posted by: andyrob
in: andyrob
1 CT@N240 Embalse de Yesa

Views: 230
Posted by: SPW999
in: SPW999

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: So today I went to the local Honda dealer...  (Read 4958 times)

Offline Eltar

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Fazer 8 '14
  • City / Town: Istanbul
So today I went to the local Honda dealer...
« on: May 17, 2012, 09:35:26 PM »
And was told that there won't be any DCT available in Turkey this season. In his own words "if the DCTs are available before next March, that'd be a miracle". I was (in my mind)  :157: and was about to go like "  :172: are you talking about....", but collected myself real fast.

I am not born with DCT in my arms. Never had anything like that before. But that was an icing on the cake that got me super-thrilled about the CT. The dealer told me that even if the DCTs were to arrive, that would bring the cost up to 23,500-24,000 USD range (3.5-4k more expensive). (side note: Let me know if thats more or less the same extra you paid for your DCTs guys).

Back to the point where I calmed down. I spotted a white CT. Used. At barely less than 3k kms. Guys, I was so keen on the grey CT, up until that moment... Damn this white is so  :172: :172: cool I cant believe it. I'm torn between them now. What do I know now: I won't regret whatever color I choose when the time comes.

Oh and about that "when the time comes" thing: I earlier said somewhere that I'm soon gonna just snap and get the CT despite having recently bought a car etc. That time just got sooner, tomorrow I will check with the dealer and see what my 2008 DL650 will sell/trade for. I am fairly certain it will make up for half of the CT, maybe slightly more  :007:

So yea, long story short: It saddened me to hear that DCT is not available here. But having come to close contact with the bike... I'm just so set on the track. Soon, real soon...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 10:56:31 PM by Eltar »
average on my VFR1200X

Bikes owned: CBF250 - '08 V-Strom DL650 - '09 ST1300 Pan European - '13 VFR1200X - '14 Fazer 8

Offline Thumper

• Crosstourer Member
  • Always keep it the shiny side up !
  • Bike: 2x1200XD
  • City / Town: Wirral
Re: So today I went to the local Honda dealer...
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 10:41:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by Eltar [+]
The dealer told me that even if the DCTs were to arrive, that would bring the cost up to 23,500-24,000 USD range (3.5-4k more expensive). (side note: Let me know if thats more or less the same extra you paid for your DCTs guys).

HI Eltar - in the UK the DCT is £850 extra :-

http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/adventure/#!/crosstourerse/
Always keep it the shiny side up !

Offline Eltar

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 11:01:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by Thumper [+]
*Originally Posted by Eltar [+]
The dealer told me that even if the DCTs were to arrive, that would bring the cost up to 23,500-24,000 USD range (3.5-4k more expensive). (side note: Let me know if thats more or less the same extra you paid for your DCTs guys).

HI Eltar - in the UK the DCT is £850 extra :-

http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/adventure/#!/crosstourerse/

Omg, thanks a lot for the fast info Thumper. Well, the differance here just seems ridiculous... so ridiculous that I am going to have to assume that the dealer here has no clue what he is talking about.

That or maybe Honda have recruited some salesmen from BMW Turkey  :001:
average on my VFR1200X

Bikes owned: CBF250 - '08 V-Strom DL650 - '09 ST1300 Pan European - '13 VFR1200X - '14 Fazer 8

Offline VaraGirona

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X Black
  • City / Town: Girona
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 08:37:12 AM »
Hey guys,
I also spoke with my Honda dealer. I'm waiting for my black CT DCT since last 23th of April. My dealer told me that he couldn't receive any information from Honda, so he couldn't know where "my" motorbike was  :261:.
I called to Honda Customer Relations phone; they told me they will try to find something about my motorbike. It was 3 days ago, and no news from Honda since then ...  :151:
The thing is that nobody knows when more CT DCT will be available; they don't know if it'll be in June, July, ...  :187:
Finally my dealer called to different dealers around Catalonia and Spain, and found one black CT DCT in Mallorca (the mediterranean island, you know ...).
So, I'll pay more money in advance and they will ask for this motorbike; then I'll have to wait for the transport (when a lorry brings motorbikes to Mallorca then they will pick up my bike there, because if not I have to pay for the transport -lorry and ship- from Mallorca to Catalonia), and if anything change I could have it here in 2 or 3 weeks time.

Which is the problem with DCT bikes?
Are they selling lots of them and they couldn't produce more  :435:

p.d. Sorry for the speech ...
It doesn’t matter the fast you go, but the far you arrive ...

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 11:16:24 AM »
Eltar,
In Germany they have bikes in stock now, my dealer has a new black DCT and silver standard ready and waiting for lucky owners. DCT costs €1,000  extra here before discounts.

VaraGirona,
Good luck on getting the DCT bike soon. Do you have a different dealer you can go to?

Offline VaraGirona

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X Black
  • City / Town: Girona
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 01:03:21 PM »
Hi Doc,

My dealer has been looking for bikes in stock (he sold 3 DCT, mine and 2 more), but there aren't bikes around.
From Honda Customer Relations (they told me they will answer me in 24/48h, and it was on Tuesday) no news for the moment  :230: :192:
And I buy my bike in a city 40km away from home. In my city there is another dealer, but he isn't very ... He doesn't want to pay anything for my Varadero, and I want to give it as a part of the payment for the CT.
So, I have to be patient ... :230: and wait for the overseas CT.

Eltar, in my country DCT costs also 1.000€ extra.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 01:10:00 PM by VaraGirona »
It doesn’t matter the fast you go, but the far you arrive ...

Offline Eltar

• Crosstourer Master
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 01:50:08 PM »
So today I went to the OTHER local Honda dealer...and I got great news!!!

NOOOO, THE GREAT NEWS ISNT THAT I BOUGHT MYSELF A CT today. The great news is so big that I almost wet my pants (ok, exaggarations help me get my point across, but I overdid it here I think  :001: ) They are expecting the DCT versions to arrive this July. I am so excited that I almost wet... ok, I didn't, but THATS GREAT NEWS ISN'T IT?  :002:

Gotta stay calm and wait, gotta stay calm and wait, gotta stay...

(and btw, the dealer confirmed that they are expecting the DCT to cost an extra 1.000 Euro or so  :152: )
average on my VFR1200X

Offline Red

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Blankenberge
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 02:18:05 PM »
Keep your head cool and have some more patients   :027:
Mine is at the dealership to connect my gps and heated grips, also I have to wait for my new European license plate, my old one isn't good any more  :110: