Spy Shot 1

Views: 1061
Posted by: Admin
in: Early "Spy" Photos
Pirelli Scorpion Trail on CT

Views: 269
Posted by: jacob
in: Jacob

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: aussie test  (Read 2419 times)

Offline rogieWA

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Honda VFR1200X
  • City / Town: esperance
aussie test
« on: May 16, 2012, 01:23:53 AM »

Offline Strats

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Modbury
Re: aussie test
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 02:40:17 AM »
Good Aussie review  :062:

Offline Carl

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Sydney
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 04:43:15 AM »
http://www.mcnews.com.au/Testing/Honda/2012_VFR1200X_Crosstourer/Honda_VFR1200X_Review_Page1.htm

I agree with his points about non-switchable ABS and linked brakes, and a sports mode traction control would also be good.  These are my biggest concerns with this model.

My dealer SMSed me to say they might get a demo on the 25th.  Yeah!  Can't wait to try it.   :001:

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 08:46:53 AM »
We are hanging on to the VFR1200X for a while and will update you further after more adventures together, but my recent 2000km sojourn on the machine suggests that it is a cross-country touring machine par excellence. The Crosstourer is a mount that I would not hesitate on riding around Australia on tomorrow.

'...par excellence'.

Spot on mate. Good review.  :028:

Offline Mister B

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: white 1200XT.DCT
  • City / Town: Morecambe Bay
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 10:31:53 AM »
Excellant review ,, must admit that  I really like the linked brakes for general use .... Also note that he likes the panniers ,must go and investigate!!!

Offline rogieWA

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Honda VFR1200X
  • City / Town: esperance
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 10:44:31 AM »
i might look into the panniers too,i have the trax panniers and top box im thinking i might keep the top box and get the honda panniers,my bike maybe here tomo though probly friday and im going away friday arrrrrrrrrr

*Originally Posted by Mister B [+]
Excellant review ,, must admit that  I really like the linked brakes for general use .... Also note that he likes the panniers ,must go and investigate!!!

Offline Eltar

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Fazer 8 '14
  • City / Town: Istanbul
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 11:07:58 AM »
*Originally Posted by Mister B [+]

That'a also what got my attention. I think it is one of the few reviews where the panniers are praised. Maybe thats because he reviewed the system as a whole.
average on my VFR1200X

Bikes owned: CBF250 - '08 V-Strom DL650 - '09 ST1300 Pan European - '13 VFR1200X - '14 Fazer 8

Offline AIR4CE1

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 05:08:12 PM »
RE : Linked brakes.

I was under the impression if you applied the right-handlebar hand brake (traditionally front brake), a small amount of rear brake was applied together with the front brake.

This Australian test suggest if you use the foot brake, a small amount of front wheel brake is applied together with the rear brake.

Which is correct ? Is the linked braking through the hand brake lever, or the foot brake lever ?