Old steed - ST1300

Views: 601
Posted by: Doc
in: Doc
IMG 0784

Views: 113
Posted by: biker1300
in: biker1300

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Top box rack extension  (Read 1214 times)

Offline maberly

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Aberdeen
Top box rack extension
« on: May 13, 2012, 07:52:18 PM »
My wife would like to sit two inches further back on the rear seat as she has a hip problem. Does anyone know how to move the original Honda top box back? Is there a plate that could do it? I had one for my GS and also for my Pan European.

Offline Mister B

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: white 1200XT.DCT
  • City / Town: Morecambe Bay
Re: Top box rack extension
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 09:27:46 PM »
IT could be that in the near future that you will find that Givi or SW Motech  etc will do a replacement rack that will take a larger base plate for soft luggage etc to be tied to , it may be that you could then fix your top box base plate to that in a more rearward position but I would be carefull about putting too much weight  on it then .. I am not sure of the dimensions of the Honda box ,but you may find the smaller  (30+ ltr)   SW motech  or Hepco and Becker   top boxes,  or others may have a smaller front/rear dimension  than the Honda box ... A bit of an expensive fix ,but worth some research...I'm sure something will become available within the next couple of months or so .
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 09:31:10 PM by Mister B »