Beowulf Rad Guard

Views: 420
Posted by: CrossALL
in: CrossALL
IMG 1161

Views: 172
Posted by: operatorius.lt
in: operatorius.lt

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: G'Day from Carl in Sydney  (Read 2258 times)

Offline Carl

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Sydney
G'Day from Carl in Sydney
« on: May 11, 2012, 05:21:06 AM »
Hi all,

I got to see my first CT last Saturday.  I think it is BEAUTIFULLY built.  :034:  It looks like a quality product. The spoked wheels look great. It looks like a solid machine. I'm 190cm (6'3") and I found the size to be perfect, not small like some people commented. I was surprised just how high the handlebars were. I could ride this bike standing up without having to raise the bars. The seat and position feels very comfortable. I leant the bike from side to side by quite a way and did not find it too heavy. The center of gravity seems well placed.  Unfortunately this dealer had no demo, so I'm still looking forward to a test ride.

What I'm after is a powerful touring bike that I can ride on dirt roads.  I'm now going to wait to have a look at the Triumph Explorer which arrives early next month.

I think both the Honda and the Triumph look like great bikes. I really like the styling of both. I dislike the look of the standard bags on both bikes, especially the Honda zipper one. From the reviews I have read so far the pros for the CT for me are the motor (it sounds like it is a sweet thing), powerful front brakes, and quality. But I'm also impressed with the Triumph. I especially like their focus on ergonomics. Cruise control (why didn't Honda think of that!), powerful alternator, easily adjustable screen (why didn't Honda think of that!), long service intervals (nice), handlebar scroll for computer (nice), switchable ABS, nice exhaust (I'm not that keen with a chrome pipe on a bike I will take on dirt). I would have liked a bigger tank on both but they'll do. For a bike I may want/need to take down a steep dirt road I'm concerned about the Honda linked brakes and ABS.  Has anyone got any comment on these features in the dirt?  I love smart technology, my Nissan has a CVT gearbox which I think is brilliant, and so the Honda DCT gearbox interests me, but I'm again concerned how well that would work on dirt.  Any comment?

I look forward to hearing more comments on how well it handles the dirt.  I'm not looking for it to be exceptionally capable here, I have a DRZ400 for that, I'm just hoping that it can handle the rough roads at a comfortable speed to give my touring more flexibility.  I'm especially concerned about how the technologies of linked brakes, ABS and DCT with fare in the dirt.

I rode my mate's Sprint 1050, my first ride on a triple, and I was most impressed.  But I still preferred going back to the smoothness of my Honda Blackbird, so because of the motor I am favouring the Honda at the moment.

I'm very envious of all your new bikes here on the forum and look forward to joining you!

:001:

Offline jacob

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Windsor
Re: G'Day from Carl in Sydney
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 06:49:52 AM »
Hi Carl - welcome - make no mistake the CT is a fantastic bike - I have sent you details of a contact at my local dealer (Hawkesbury Honda) at Windsor they have a demo if you want to take for a ride.
Kind regards ... Jacob  :018:
2012 VFR1200X CrossTourer - April 2012 - http://crosstourer.tumblr.com/

Offline Red

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Blankenberge
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 07:16:38 AM »
Hello Carl
 :400: to the forum

Offline twelve

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 08:15:41 AM »
Hi Carl  :400: to the forum. I think the bike suits you to a T.  :047:

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200XD white
  • City / Town: Stans
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 08:42:11 AM »
Hi and  :400: ... from Switzerland  :305:
Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....
my latest trip: http://www.austral.omania.ch/index.html

Offline Strats

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Modbury
G'Day from Carl in Sydney
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 09:13:10 AM »
G'day from Adelaide mate!

Offline Eltar

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Fazer 8 '14
  • City / Town: Istanbul
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 11:18:20 PM »
 :400: :400:
average on my VFR1200X

Bikes owned: CBF250 - '08 V-Strom DL650 - '09 ST1300 Pan European - '13 VFR1200X - '14 Fazer 8

Offline Freaky

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: XL1000V Varadero
  • City / Town: Singapore
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 02:29:34 AM »
 :400: :400: :400:

:821:

arab-exile