Dave3

Views: 50
Posted by: DaveDee
in: DaveDee
Trip Autriche

Views: 179
Posted by: zolive38
in: zolive38

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Screens  (Read 12181 times)

Offline zpowerdave

• Crosstourer Member
  • City / Town: BOLTON
Screens
« on: May 07, 2012, 07:55:26 PM »
guys
anybody found an aftermarket screen yet?, the optional honda one at 145mm taller will still not be tall enough for me. Givi list one at 195mm but no delivery date
dave

Offline Ducouple

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Honda VFR1200X
Re: Screens
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 07:59:05 PM »
hello,

how tall are you ?
The Dog is man's best friend. Animal Liberation Front (ALF).

Offline zpowerdave

• Crosstourer Member
  • City / Town: BOLTON
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 08:05:34 PM »
2 meters!! well 6 foot 4 inches !!!

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 08:17:02 PM »
Unless my visor is down, above 70kph I get a lot of buffeting around the head. It doesn't matter if a set the touring screen low or high. I am only 180cm (6 feet nothing) but the screen could do with another 3-4 inches! I think an after market screen is on the cards - still not sure.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 08:27:18 PM by Doc »

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200XD white
  • City / Town: Stans
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 10:20:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by Doc [+]
Unless my visor is down, above 70kph I get a lot of buffeting around the head. It doesn't matter if a set the touring screen low or high. I am only 180cm (6 feet nothing) but the screen could do with another 3-4 inches! I think an after market screen is on the cards - still not sure.
I GOT it for me! As i am still waiting for my tall screen i just had a try and fitted my "old" Touratech spoiler i had on AfricaTwin. Guess what: it worked great for me (i am 175cm "tall / short)

Fit it on there was NO more noise - NO more wind in the middle of the helmet ... i can drive with open visor now even in high speed. (or it's just for the bugs you might close the visor from time to time)
It looks good, doesn't change much on the appearing - i actually would hate a real big screen.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 10:22:44 PM by ojo »
Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....
my latest trip: http://www.austral.omania.ch/index.html

Offline Freaky

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: XL1000V Varadero
  • City / Town: Singapore
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 02:22:29 AM »
 :460:  :062: Ojo.....

:821:

Offline CSampaio

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Crosstourer 1200
  • City / Town: Maia
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 10:15:03 AM »
You also can solve the problema wih this aerotrim, pelase check here: http://shop.heroblobs.co.uk/products/aero-trim

I have it on my Transalp and works very well  :152: You can see it here: http://www.forumxltrail.com/t453-ya-e-a-minha-mota-e-mai-nada-pa
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 10:17:06 AM by CSampaio »
[img(121px,110px)][/img]

Offline Harry H

• Crosstourer Pro
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 09:43:50 AM »
Iv'e been doing some serious research on the screen issue and I reckon there's three routes to go.

I appreciate there's a multitiude of factors at play. Rider height, helmet, jacket collar etc but this is my thinking so far.

1. Standard screen
Despite all the complaints I actually think it works reasonable well considering it's small size. Buffeting is minimal but there is a fair amount of wind noise. Some posters have reported good results with spoilers so I think this product may well look like a good bet and still look sort of "factory" in the clear version.

http://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/MRA_X-creen_Motorcycle_Screen_Flip_Spoiler_Air_Deflector.html

It's big enough to do the job I reckon without being overkill and nicely finished. Would be too big on the touring screen I feel.

2. Touring screen

I think it's big enough but is too far forward away from the helmet which ruins the air flow hence the buffeting.

This product looks potentially ideal but unfortunately they don't do it for the CT yet but there is a Valderado version so it may be along soon. It could look totally "factory". One wonders why Honda didn't do it :013:

http://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/MadStad_Screen_Brackets.html

3. Aftermarket screen

One could just wait for the likes of GIVI to do the job properly but I can't help thinking that without plenty of adjustment that the CT doesn't have it's always going to be a compropmise with all the variables of different riders.

All I need now is for someone else who's the same size with the same riding gear as me to spend all the money and tell me which way to go :164:. Even though option 1 is the only one available at present

arab-exile