My DCT on its first day out

Views: 244
Posted by: verde
in: Verde
20170309 160811 HDR s

Views: 460
Posted by: Superjeap
in: Superjeap

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tank removal  (Read 5382 times)

Offline zpowerdave

• Crosstourer Member
  • City / Town: BOLTON
Tank removal
« on: May 05, 2012, 04:04:17 PM »
Guys, i took delivery of my CT DCT today (vfr1200x-xd), only done 30 miles on it but really impressed so far. The Auto Gear change is much better than my normal VFR1200-FD, much smoother on the down change.
Anyway i thought i would fit my Garmin Zumo 660 to it tommorow and could really do with running the wires under the tank back to the battery (i like it to be always connected), anybody taken the tank off yet??? if so any tips???
dave

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X DCT Red
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Re: Tank removal
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 04:17:22 PM »
Dave, congrats on the new delivery.  :046:  The new DCT is brilliant.

My dealer wired in my Zumo 550 cable for me before the bike was delivered, so I can't help with tank removal. Mine is connected via the ignition switch so that there's no power on when switched off. I just select 'continue on battery power' if it's just a short stop.

Offline Red

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Blankenberge
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 07:25:43 PM »
Yes Congrats whit your CT  :082: still waiting for mine  :159:
My Zumo on my Varadero was also connected in the same way as Doc.
Never had a problem whit that.

Offline Mister B

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: white 1200XT.DCT
  • City / Town: Morecambe Bay
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 10:35:20 PM »
If you are getting heated grips or getting lights fitted ,then your dealer(or you) can use the same specific bit of wiring harness that honda supplies for thes items ...AS usual it is honda pricey at adout £30  but it is a switched feed.. As the above say ,if you are sure of finding another suitable feed yorself then thats the problem sorted .. Thank god its not a GS  Can bus system..  The tank is hinged at the  rear end so should be easy enough to handle,, Just check with your dealers mechanics and they will point you in the right direction as to what you have to take off./undo at the front..Good Luck!!!!
Hope to see you around sometime ,am only just up the road...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 10:37:26 PM by Mister B »

Offline zpowerdave

• Crosstourer Member
  • City / Town: BOLTON
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 01:10:07 PM »
guys
i decided to wire it into the quartet loom that was already fitted for the heated grips, that way i only had to remove the left side fairing panel. Talking of heated grips, how on earth are you supposed to see that LED light??, slightest bit of sunshine and it has gone invisible!!!! Obviously designed for countries that only go cold at night ?? not the UK !!!!! OR maybe it is just my age? i am struggling to see the grip let alone the LED !! Oh the joys of getting old !!! 

Offline Mister B

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: white 1200XT.DCT
  • City / Town: Morecambe Bay
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 03:59:45 PM »
ZP i'm well past the legal age limit!!! ,but who's counting now , with the grin this beauty has put on my face........ :001: :001:...... It is a bit of a challenge to see ,but it all adds to the fun ,just keep pushing the button till you are happy!!!! :062: :305: :305:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 04:01:20 PM by Mister B »

Offline Strider

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer DCT
  • City / Town: Bedford
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 07:53:24 PM »
I would like to connect my garmin to a switched live someware on the bike. I didn't go with heated grips. Does this mean that theres a connector I can use for power to my sat nav where the heated grips plug in. Hope this makes sense.  :084:

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200XD white
  • City / Town: Stans
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 10:54:18 PM »
@ strider, all the wiring is below the left side cover. There is one central point on the frame for "minus" input. For "plus" you'd have to check the wiring there and plug into a switched single pole. Should be pretty easy. I just had a look how my mecanic did it, he did it on a temporary basis ... before the heated grips came on.
Attached a pic how it looks like below the left side cover.
Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....
my latest trip: http://www.austral.omania.ch/index.html

arab-exile